Thread: "Last Post By" question

"Last Post By" question

I'm finding it difficult to follow threads. What I mean is that if I'm following a particular thread and go to the "Last Post By" response, that's the only one I see. Is it possible to show that post as well as the posts that immediately came before it?

Nick,

Check your "Thread Display Options" under General Settings.

In the upper right corner of this page select "Settings".

When that window opens up, scroll down watching the left side of the page and select "General Settings".

Scroll down until you see the section labeled "Thread Display Options". I use "Linear - Oldest First".

If you change it, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Save Changes".

Using "Linear- Oldest First" when I select "Last Post By" button, it goes to the last post and I can see the previous posts too. I tried the other selections and couldn't see the previous posts.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-01-2017 at 3:03 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Perfect, Ken, thanks! That was making me nutz!

Nick,

There is another way, but Ken's is easier. The other way when you don't use "Oldest first" is to click on the "last post by", scroll down through the threaded message list and find the one in bold text (the last one), then click on one or two above that one in the list. I prefer not using the "Linear - Oldest First" for other reasons. It would be nice if a future forum software update made this more graceful.

Another forum I frequent has a method that I find easy: ALL messages that have been posted since I last visited the forum are clearly marked in the threaded list for easy locating. This is especially nice if there are several new posts hidden in other branches of the threaded tree. A large 3D graphics forum I used to moderate used a similar system - this was helpful since I read every post every day.

JKJ