Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Woodworking Project - Dining Room Table

Nice work. You should be very proud.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

First project!

You are putting 90% of woodworkers to shame.

My first project was some scrap 2x4 i nailed to my grandparents basement floor wheni was like 3

All kidding aside i dont remember my first project but im sure it was a mess by comparison to yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Matarazzo View Post
    That's pretty awesome. My first woodworking project looked more like this.

Attachment 351776
    I like it! Sometimes simple joinery methods can be the most effective. Is that just a straight TO finish?

Duncan - nice work on the table! That's pretty ambitious for a first project.

Thanks everyone. I stumbled back on this thread by accident and saw it had a bunch of replies. I guess I need to look at my subscription settings.

I've been working on a matching bench. I also built the torsion box that the bench is sitting on in the pictures. I'm working on building it a base. Right now it's just on two saw horses. While I'm very new to woodworking, having just started setting up my shop last October, I'm a reasonably experienced metal fabricator.

4.jpg13.jpg9.jpg16.jpg

One of my more recent metalworking projects. Also wanted to say I wouldn't have been able to accomplish anything close to the level of that table if it hadn't been for this site. Countless hours searching, and looking at other member projects and discussion threads gave me the confidence and know-how to move forward.

toolbox2.jpgtoolbox3.jpgtoolbox.jpg

Like the table a lot.

Sure doesn't look like a first project. Good work.

Nice job on the table, and I'd bet some race teams would be jealous of the tool cart, too!