Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sears selling Craftsman brand for nearly $1 billion to Stanley Black & Decker

Sears selling Craftsman brand for nearly $1 billion to Stanley Black & Decker

Interesting reading the link below it says in part.
    To accommodate the future growth of Craftsman, we intend to expand our manufacturing footprint in the U.S. This will add jobs in the U.S.,

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...457&j=76974111
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Sears Craftsman Brand Sold To Stanley Black and Decker

The Wall Street Journal just reported that the Sears Craftsman brand was just sold to Stanley Black and Decker for $900M. Sears is apparently desperate for cash; I would have thought the brand would have been worth more, but I guess not.

Opinion: A previously mediocre brand will soon become a poor brand

I doubt this will improve the brand.

Remember, Stanley is responsible for buying/selling -off, and ultimately destroying what we knew as Delta.

stanley will turn the brand to junk.i have craftsman sockets ratchets and wrenches that are 45 years old.

I had a bid in for 35$ and I was starting to worry I'd get it! Big in its day but I just don't think it has much credibility now.

Knew something must be up. Could not even find a tool catalogue in our local store. Sears electric tools are junk at best. Sockets and wrenches I have had for some time. Good on that end of things.

8. All the Craftsman wrenches, sockets, ratchets, ect. I have are over 52 years old.

I dont buy stanley stuff, had several things that were poor and they had no interest in listening, dealer told me dont feel bad its the same for him. Accidentally bought a centering punch a while back. Stevie Wonder would do a better job. I have a 30 year old Stanley hammer its good. I usually dont say I hate anything for them ill make an exception.

Another major hammer company I wanted to buy a wood handle hammer from all their handles were twisted to the head i looked a five then later saw one at a big box store that was twisted and tilted. Few days ago bought some Delco Tie Rod sleeves, Instead of Mexico open them and made in China. they are going back for Moog parts which I normally mostly buy. I plan on giving away all my Stanley stuff except the old hammer. Last company that sold me that stanley thing said we've never had any complaints, something ive heard before. I sent a photo and they said we are sending your money back and you can keep the product. i showed up a week later said here I dont want this in my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary R Katz View Post
    I doubt that it will improve the probabilities of survival for the Sears Corporation either. Their management is about the only people who still think Sears will survive in some fashion.
    Last edited by Art Mann; 01-05-2017 at 6:52 PM.

They'll continue to sell to Harry Homeowner, because he doesn't know any better and wouldn't care if he did know. People that appreciate quality tools have known Craftsman turned to crap long ago.

Agree with Nick, quit buying anything craftsman 30 or more years ago. Surprised the brand is worth anything.

13. I bought a Standard Stanley 25' tape measure the other day from HD and measured for half a dozen jobs before realizing the first inch was 3/16 shorter than an inch. Held it next to another tape was the only way to really tell. I have bought alot of these and never seen anything like that before. Lesson learned I guess i need to check the new tapes for a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jim sauterer View Post
    stanley will turn the brand to junk.i have craftsman sockets ratchets and wrenches that are 45 years old.
    I have some more like 40 years old. What a good investment those tools were back then.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Gary R Katz View Post

Bingo. Would love to be able to ahve quality American tools in the power tool segment. What we ahve for hand tools that are American in terms of botique tools is wonderful...

American power tools of decent quality are virtually non existent.