Thread: Anyone use a Tormek DBS 22 drill bit sharpener?

Anyone use a Tormek DBS 22 drill bit sharpener?

Anybody using one of these jigs with their Tormek? I've watched their video. Looks reasonable. I have a lot of dull drill bits. I have a Tormek setup already.

Thanks, Todd

No one with first hand experience?

I have not Todd although I'm interested in feedback as well.

I have not tried the jig either. (I do have a Tormek) Just wanted to say that the Drill Doctor works well. Its very fast and mess free. Its not adjustable and probably not up to the Tormek's fine work, but it does produce a sharp drill bit that drills straight and true.

Just yesterday I drilled a piece of angle iron (using a bit from my non-woodworking bit set). After I finished, it took about 1 minute to get out the Drill Doctor and sharpen that bit before I put it away. I would not have taken the time to do that with the Tormek.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

You might read the reviews about it on Amazon.

It does seem that the last few Tormek jig reviewers on Amazon were not pleased so much with the Drill Doctor. I'm not sure why as I have had great success with it. Having said that, everything I have tried on the Tormek comes out exceptionally well.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Hunt View Post
    It does seem that the last few Tormek jig reviewers on Amazon were not pleased so much with the Drill Doctor. I'm not sure why as I have had great success with it. Having said that, everything I have tried on the Tormek comes out exceptionally well.
    When I get rich...

...I'll get one of those sharpeners used for sharpening everything from drill bits to spiral end mills. I have a book with plans for one you can build with just a milling machine and metal lathe (and probably 100 hours!) With the right wheel you can sharpen carbide bits.

JKJ