Thread: Looking for Whitehall plans

Looking for Whitehall plans

Many many years ago, early 80's, I lived in CT and joined the Mystic Seaport Museum. I bought the construction drawings for a Whitehall tender which included all the construction details and table of offsets. Now, after 5 or 6 corporate moves, I have the time to contemplate such a project I can't find the plans. I've looked online and at the museum but have not found them. Anyone know where they might be available? I know that boat is still being built around the country so they must be available somewhere.
    Thanks!
    Jay

Here are a few options - https://www.woodenboat.com/boat-plan...&ssrnd=6921610

I had my own plans for a Whitehall once upon a time but now the boat and plans are just memories. Good luck.

Sam
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I was in Mystic's site recently and it appeared they had several Whitehall plans available, do you have the designer's name?
    I think Duckworx has a file of plans on their site categorized by length, perhaps worth a gander.
    Mac

John Gardner's book "Building Classic Small Craft Volume 1 has plans and offsets as well as construction details for a 17' and 14' Whitehall and lots of other useful info including the origin of the whitehall.

Wow a blast from the past! Many years ago I was blessed to attend a small boat building class at Mystic Sea Port, taught by John Gardner himself. I was young (23) he was patient and very tolerant. Taught me so much in the short 8 week one night a week class. A truly spectacular human.

Jay,
    Sandy Point Boatworks has Whitehall plans. I have a set of plans from them for a 20' freighter canoe. They are very helpful with any questions or concerns you may have.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mike wacker View Post
    Wow a blast from the past! Many years ago I was blessed to attend a small boat building class at Mystic Sea Port, taught by John Gardner himself. I was young (23) he was patient and very tolerant. Taught me so much in the short 8 week one night a week class. A truly spectacular human.
    I'm envious, John was a giant in wooden boat building. I can only imagine the amount of experienced knowledge he passed on through the years.
    Mac
    Last edited by Mac McQuinn; 02-10-2017 at 11:31 PM.

8. Good to know about that mike you were trained from one of the expert maker.

Quote Originally Posted by mike wacker View Post