Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blade Shopping Confusion! Best 2 Blades for a 3hp?

Before buying any other blade, look at Cripe Distributing for the Delta 35-7657, 40 tooth combo. Cost about $20 plus shipping. Two ship for about the same as one (hint, hint.) Check out other blades at Cripe. I own two WWII's, but 7657 stays on saw unless I'm doing sheet goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Before buying any other blade, look at Cripe Distributing for the Delta 35-7657, 40 tooth combo. Cost about $20 plus shipping. Two ship for about the same as one (hint, hint.) Check out other blades at Cripe. I own two WWII's, but 7657 stays on saw unless I'm doing sheet goods.
    Thanks Bruce for the tip! The Ever Last 50t blade I'm getting sharpened should cover the universal stuff like a 40t would. I scored a full kerf sharpened 60t from my dad that should be good for crosscutting. Can't tell the grind but looks like an ATB.

From my research, I need either a glue line rip or some under 30t rip blade. Something to power through 2.5" apitong. I guess there are some new hybrid 30t ATB blades which can cut up to 2" of material. The "glue line" blades supposedly can't cut well above 1" thick. I almost bought an Amana 30t ATB blade but did more reading and now I feel I need like 6 blades, this is killing me!

Since you've already got the Everlast 50T for general use, I'd get a 24T FTG full kerf rip blade for ripping the 2.5" stuff....30T would be on the high side for that task.

If you want a top notch crosscut blade for fine crosscuts and plywood, I'd get an 80T Hi-ATB blade. Infinity, Freud Industrial, or CMT Industrial all have good examples of both of those blades at reasonable prices. The dedicated task specific blades will each do better than a general purpose in their respective sweet spots.

The US made Delta/DW 7657 40T ATB that Bruce referenced is one of the best bangs for the buck going in saw blades, but for now it looks like you have that covered with your Everlast....but if you ever need to replace that or just want a spare, the 7657 is tough to beat for $30 to your door.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I use one blade only. I have two of them, and they are the Carbide Processor combo. If you can get a more glue up ready rip blade, I'd have to see it, because this blade is pure magic. It crosscuts, it rips, it just really gets the job done. If you want the model number, PM me, and I'll look up my receipt.