Thread: Good Finds

Good Finds

We have a local second hand store that is open on Friday-Sunday. The owners buys contents of houses and gets so much "small stuff" that he has an area with floor space and shelves where all items are $2, whether its a screwdriver or a chest of drawers. People line up at the door on friday to get the best deals. Today I got a kreg jig with a box of screws, a jorgensen bar clamp, a 1/2" shank oldham router bit, a swivel base carving stand, an iwata eclipse spray painting setup, and a dremel with flexible shaft and a box of accessories fo a grand total of $12 As I was happily walking around, a guy struck up a conversation and said he got a box of tools priced at $10.. He showed me a plastic tool case and I noticed it had some flex carve blades in the clear plastic top. He said he didn't really know what they were for and that he was going to take them home and try to resell. I told him they were used for wood carving, which I a little of.He said are you interested for $20. I said let me see what I had. I reached into my pocket and came up with $15. I was about to get his phone #, and he said 15 was fine. He was happy to make $5 profit for talking to me. I gladly paid him. When I checked it all out there were 3 flexcarve handles, 32 blades of every shape and size in great condition, and sharpening compound. The kicker was, in the bottom of the box was a foredom hanging motor with flex shaft and reciprocating handpiece plus two extra foredom handpieces. Maybe when me unfortunate time to leave this earth comes, my tools will fill those shelves, but for now, I will enjoy using them.

Has anyone ever told you that if you write a mega gloat like that you will wake up tomorrow morning and discover your ankles have grown together?

That is quite a haul dude!

The only time I came close was when I walked into a big box joint and they were closing out their Foredom stuff. Bought 4 handpieces, 2 large, 2 small for a total of $24. Strange thing is, even though I have all the power carving stuff, I never power carve!

Good for you Tony! That's as sweet as can be!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Oh my!!

Any chip carving knives in there you don't need?

JKJ

John, No chip carving stuff. And Ted, I agree, I just couldn't help myself.