Thread: More Corel Whoa's

More Corel Whoa's

I loaded a file into lasercut and it loaded just fine but when I calculated the file it said over lap issues OK I had text that over lapped. Welded the text and then loaded in to laser cut except now it won't load just keeps spinning the hour glass. I tried a couple time and same thing. OK I go back undo the weld and remove the offending text lines with the virtual delete tool. Iagain load into lasercut and it loads no problem . But when I calculate it again says over lap and also says open polyline YIKES!!!! So I throw in a test piece of scarp and run it to see whats going on. Well it starts engraving but when it gets to the word WHISKEY the laser moves back and forth like its engraving but its not engraving and then when its done not engraving WHISKEY it then engraves the rest no problem. I can see any overlap or open lines in WHISKEY so whats going on?????see file Kevin Pope.cdr going
    CRAZY
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm. Bert. Didnt have any problems with the file as you attached it. Keep in mind I use RDWorks 8.x, not Lasercut.
    Hopefully someone with Lasercut can chime in?
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I loaded a file into lasercut and it loaded just fine but when I calculated the file it said over lap issues OK I had text that over lapped. Welded the text and then loaded in to laser cut except now it won't load just keeps spinning the hour glass. I tried a couple time and same thing. OK I go back undo the weld and remove the offending text lines with the virtual delete tool. Iagain load into lasercut and it loads no problem . But when I calculate it again says over lap and also says open polyline YIKES!!!! So I throw in a test piece of scarp and run it to see whats going on. Well it starts engraving but when it gets to the word WHISKEY the laser moves back and forth like its engraving but its not engraving and then when its done not engraving WHISKEY it then engraves the rest no problem. I can see any overlap or open lines in WHISKEY so whats going on?????see file Kevin Pope.cdr going
    CRAZY
    Clearly your laser can't handle it's liquor...

Well I started from scratch again and then I smart filled all the text and that worked for me. I still don't get why it did what it did tho Maybe Gary is correct
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander