Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Who do You Want for the Super Bowl Champion

The winner of the Super Bowl is never a given. Both teams clearly are very good thats obvious.

I dont know if their has ever been a team so good that when it came to the Super Bowl it was a given whom would win. If there has been i am to young to remember it.

One of the things i like most about the Patriots is their class. If they where good but a bunch of jerks i would be the first one to hate on them also. The facts are both Bill and Tom are classy guys of good if not great moral character. They set the tone for the team and expect the same out of every player.

I know its football and all but there is nothing worse than a guy like Richard Shermin always talkin smack showing how much a looser he is, or a guy like Cam Newton so freaking impressed by himself it makes you wanna puke.

Im pretty disapointed in Bill and Tom having now gotten a clear picture they are obviously friendly with our new commander in cheif. I have to say that one makes me very suspect of their character. I'll be the first to admit when that surfaced i thought "hmm maybe they are a bunch of cheater".

Only time will tell. For now they do it well and with class to boot. I dont much care for their friend but whatcha gonna do..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    Bill Belichick: When you win say little, when you lose say less. I think they're a class act too.

Back when Sean Payton came to the Saints, they modeled a lot of what they did after the Patriots. Starting with the Patriots drafting and free agency strategies. This was back in 2006, The Patriots were very good and the Saints were very bad back then. Bill Belichick was very helpful to the Saints. I think he is to a lot of the teams and past coaches and players he was associated with.

And it's so funny to watch him with the press. He's the master.

He's a good guy and a great coach. He's kept the Patriots winning for a lot of years now. A throwback to coaches like Shula, Noll and Landry.

PHM

Edit - But I would add that I think the Falcons might take this Super Bowl. The Patriots tend to try to take the other teams main threat out of the game and live with what the other players do against his defense. In the case of this game, I think that means take Julio Jones out of the game with double coverage on him. Do the Falcons have enough other weapons to win the game other than Julio Jones? I think they do.

I'm looking forward to what I think will be a very competitive super bowl.
    Last edited by Patrick Walsh; 01-24-2017 at 8:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Guys lets stick to football and not personal attacks no this thread will be locked and or deleted.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    I dont know if their has ever been a team so good that when it came to the Super Bowl it was a given whom would win. If there has been i am to young to remember it.

I'm not.

Super Bowl XX Jan. 26, 1986 Superdome (New Orleans) Chicago 46, New England 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    I'm not.

Your are correct. I was just happy the Patriots made it, never thought they had a chance.

Blog Entries
    I'm not.

I thought of that game. The Seahawk/Bronco Superbowl too.

Also in the 90's there were games with the Cowboys and the 49ers beating the hell out of whoever they were playing that year. Seemed like a given they would win as they were a much stronger team.

PHM

In 1986 i was nine. My mother had a boy friend at the time that was a Patriots Super fan and season ticket holder. This was back when they stunk so bad it made no sense except to those whom where in the Pats super fan club. The rest of us just thought they were nuts.

Needles to say i went to lots of games i wanted nothing to do with bored outa my mind wishing i was riding my bike.

I dont remember that game but i do remember XXV.

I'll google the game you speak of. Or is not worth a watch?

I'm not.

So who else (besides me) has seen every Super Bowl on TV? Or in person would certainly count.

Dave,

You're dating yourself. Some of us, like John Langley, are too young to have watched all of them.
    So who else (besides me) has seen every Super Bowl on TV? Or in person would certainly count.

I'll wear it as a badge of honor.
    Grew up in Akron watching the great Jim Brown with my dad. Fun memories.

I go back before the Super Bowl growing up in New York the New York Giants used to be pretty pathetic the team would play on Sunday and lose they would rerun it on Monday night On TV the avid fan would lose his bet twice a week
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

In any sport teams or individuals that are considered dominate over a period of time tend to be viewed in two ways, either they are loved or hated. Everything they do usually comes under a microscope and the questionable deeds are downplayed by the lovers and focused on my the haters. Had it been the Cleveland Browns we likely would not have Spygate, PEDSgate, Snowplowgate, IRgate x2, Headsetgate, Tampergate, Tuckgate, Formationgate, Deflategate, Walkthroughgate etc in our lexicon.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I remember 1962 The NY Giants played Greenbay for the NFL championship yea they lost but hey they were there. My step Dad took me and my step bro to a motel to watch it on closed circut tv because we lived to close to the stadium and it was blocked out .

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    I go back before the Super Bowl growing up in New York the New York Giants used to be pretty pathetic the team would play on Sunday and lose they would rerun it on Monday night On TV the avid fan would lose his bet twice a week
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert,

I was born in 1963 so your memories go way back...... but moving forward to 2017, after New England loses, I will offer free therapy for you.

Semper Fi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I remember 1962 The NY Giants played Greenbay for the NFL championship yea they lost but hey they were there. My step Dad took me and my step bro to a motel to watch it on closed circut tv because we lived to close to the stadium and it was blocked out .

Go Falcons

In my twenties, I just loved Broadway Joe's arrogant promise that the Jets would win. He actually backed up his brag with a win.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]