Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Who do You Want for the Super Bowl Champion

Yeah and 56 quarters this season good enough to get him to the super bowl for a seventh time.

I need not mention the fifth super bowl win again do i.

Being a great QB is not just about throwing the bowl. Not that he has a problem doing so. When he isnt throwning the ball well it usualy comes down to someone else not doing their job.

You really wanna argue that Payton Manning, Matt Ryan, Joe Montana, or any other number of great QB always throw the ball well.

Come on Herb Please......

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    For three quarters Brady wasn't much. He played one great quarter. Unfortunately for Atlanta it was the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    For three quarters Brady wasn't much. He played one great quarter. Unfortunately for Atlanta it was the 4th.
    And Fifth...

As soon as the Pats won the overtime toss, it was over. It took forever to get rolling but once they did, Atlanta's defense was gassed and the Pats were unstoppable.

Once again, the wisdom of the great American philosopher Yogi stands tall.

"It ain't over till it's over"

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    When he isnt throwning the ball well it usualy comes down to someone else not doing their job.
    Spot on. He made some bad throws (some were on purpose to avoid Atlanta's relentless pass rush) but the number of dropped, catchable passes early on was extremely frustrating and clearly a factor in the first 2 1/2 quarters.

There are endless theories regarding what happened, but I'm on board with the Pats' conditioning winning the day in the end. One advantage Atlanta was given pre-game, was their youth. But young players are used to playing 11-13 games in a college season. This was game 19 for both teams. Belichick preaches conditioning to deal with the long season, assuming you are lucky enough to advance. The Pats start the season expecting to advance. The veterans teach and coach the young players to follow the system.

Mr Bill did a great post game chat with Boomer at his announcer desk, mostly to honor Boomer who already announced his retirement, and he talked about how special this team was to him, partly because of the difficulties they all went through throughout the season, but also because of their willingness to adopt the system.

Individuality is a wonderful thing, but teamwork is a powerful force.

Here Ya go Bert, a little reminder of all the snow, ice, rain, and driving winds you left behind today........man was it raw!

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

Can any of the Mods recover all the posts, that have since been deleted, from when the Patriots were down by 25? I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Jebediah Eckert View Post
    Can any of the Mods recover all the posts, that have since been deleted, from when the Patriots were down by 25? I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of them
    I didn't delete any of the posts; the score was continually updated or edited for the entire game. Every score, New England or the Falcons went up seconds after the score. Even the dismal end.

Your changes were funny. I figured there must be a few others. I know if roles reversed I may have posted.......then deleted. Haha

Yea I see you might need the snowblower in the morning LOL its 65 here

Here Ya go Bert, a little reminder of all the snow, ice, rain, and driving winds you left behind today........man was it raw!

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Well, the score sizes changed according to the score. For a time, the Falcon's score was #7 font and the Patriots #1 font. As the Patriots scored more points their font size increased.......and then, disaster.
    Your changes were funny. I figured there must be a few others. I know if roles reversed I may have posted.......then deleted. Haha