Thread: Interesting eBay Purchase

Interesting eBay Purchase

I purchased an item (dust collector fitting for miter saw) on eBay. I had looked at it on Amazon bur found it cheaper on eBay so i purchased on eBayover the weekend. It came today shipped by Amazon. ????

At first I thought I must have purchased it twice once on eBay and once on Amazon. I checked my order history on Amazon and found I did not buy one on Amazon.

Has anybody else experienced this??
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I bought a few items on eBay that channeled through Amazon. I even got one item that shipped from Kohl's though I thought I was buying from private eBay seller.

Some sellers sell both on eBay and Amazon. You could have dealt with one of those sellers who ships in Amazon boxes. I don't know, but it might be a possibility.

Amazon has a program where a seller can put their goods in an Amazon warehouse and Amazon will ship it when it sells. There's a monthly "rent" charge to the seller for having the goods in the Amazon warehouse. I suppose some sellers sell on eBay and Amazon and when the item ships, they contact Amazon to have it shipped. That way, the seller gets the advantage of Amazon's lower shipping cost.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I ordered laptop battery thru ebay, but shipping tag was from Amazon. Why have a shipping dept when you can hire Amazon. Just think in a few years we will only have two shopping choices, Walmart or Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Amazon has a program where a seller can put their goods in an Amazon warehouse and Amazon will ship it when it sells. There's a monthly "rent" charge to the seller for having the goods in the Amazon warehouse. I suppose some sellers sell on eBay and Amazon and when the item ships, they contact Amazon to have it shipped. That way, the seller gets the advantage of Amazon's lower shipping cost.

Mike
    Bumped into this before Christmas. The item I bought showed as fulfilling by Amazon, eligible for Prime, but then I did not get Prime shipping. Was kind of steamed about that.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

A couple of the more interesting eBay auctions I have seen where the one where a man tried to sell his wife as "slightly used" and a girl tried to sell off her little brother. I would be slightly dead if that happened in our house.

Had similar experiences several times.. My opinion is that the item was cheaper from Amazon, but after I paid shipping, it would have cost more than what I could buy it on eBay with free shipping..
    I think that the seller takes your order on eBay then buys it from Amazon and has it shipped to you as a gift via Prime's free shipping.. noticed it several times on Christmas gifts this year... even the picture on eBay is the same picture on Amazon...
    For paying the Prime fee yearly, they can make $2-3 on a $10-12 item without doing anything except accept an order and then buy it from Amazon and have it shipped to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Aumiller View Post
    Had similar experiences several times.. My opinion is that the item was cheaper from Amazon, but after I paid shipping, it would have cost more than what I could buy it on eBay with free shipping..
    I think that the seller takes your order on eBay then buys it from Amazon and has it shipped to you as a gift via Prime's free shipping.. noticed it several times on Christmas gifts this year... even the picture on eBay is the same picture on Amazon...
    For paying the Prime fee yearly, they can make $2-3 on a $10-12 item without doing anything except accept an order and then buy it from Amazon and have it shipped to you.
    Exactly. Many people will do this and make decent money doing it. They will also list the item for more on eBay, knowing that some will never check Amazon. An issue that comes up is if there is a return. That makes it tough on the actual selling company and puts them in a tough position. I have read about a number of people stopping to sell on Amazon just due to this problem.

I was walking through Lowes one day and saw a bunch of Amazon boxes stacked in the middle of the aisle.
    I don't know if Lowes got them by mistake or if a vendor had supplied stock to Lowes via Amazon.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...