Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly price increase

Some great suggestions.
    My drive Is about 40' with a very gentle slope uphill to the garage. It's concrete, but the problem is the curb at the street. A curved bottom that swings up about 4-5 inches.
    I have an apliance dolly that my son-in-law and I could possibly get the job done.
    He has access to a lot of things. I'm hoping he'll come up with something.
    Also, he has a low trailer with a ramp we could use.
    As for the delivery truck, I think they'd be willing to back up to the garage.
    And I am a habitual tipper. I just think it's the right thing to do.

I'll get it sorted out somehow and let you know how it goes. Whatever I decide to do the wife had darn well better be able to get her car in the garage the same day, if you know what I mean. She is so sick of all the wood I drag home and I guess I can't blame her. I do have too much in the garage that my truck haa to sit out.

Take it from the crate one piece at a time and bring in on a hand truck. That is what I did with my PM3520.
    God is great and life is good!

Thank you all for your suggestions. I really appreciate the feedback I get here at this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    Some great suggestions.
    My drive Is about 40' with a very gentle slope uphill to the garage. It's concrete, but the problem is the curb at the street. A curved bottom that swings up about 4-5 inches.
    I have an apliance dolly that my son-in-law and I could possibly get the job done.
    He has access to a lot of things. I'm hoping he'll come up with something.
    Also, he has a low trailer with a ramp we could use.
    As for the delivery truck, I think they'd be willing to back up to the garage.
    And I am a habitual tipper. I just think it's the right thing to do.

I'll get it sorted out somehow and let you know how it goes. Whatever I decide to do the wife had darn well better be able to get her car in the garage the same day, if you know what I mean. She is so sick of all the wood I drag home and I guess I can't blame her. I do have too much in the garage that my truck haa to sit out.
    Depends on the truck, I have had common carrier loads delivered in everything from semis w/ 53' trailers to 17' box trucks. You may want to have a discussion with the freight company when they call to schedule delivery and see if they can send it on the smallest truck they have with a lift gate. If they send a truck small enough to back into the driveway I am willing to bet they will pallet jack it right into your garage. If not and the pallet jack won't make the approach into the driveway you will have to have other plans. Furniture dollies will work fine if the concrete is smooth enough for the small wheels but you still have the curb to deal with. I would probably plan to pull the pieces out and hand truck them in if the truck can't back into the garage.
    5,306 miles from where the greatest things with 4 wheels are born
    5,328 miles from where the greatest things with 2 wheels are born
    5,301 miles from where the greatest things with 2 wheels and a band are born
    Seems to be more than a coincidence to me...

The driver will not want to put the wheels of the truck on the driveway for fear of damaging it.

Plan A and B

1) if the driver can back up to your driveway(without going on the driveway) the lift gate will drop on the other side 4" curb and roll it up your driveway. This will not work unless you are the end house of a cul-de-sac

2) make a ramp to go from the street over your 4" curb. A 3/4" plywood with some dirt under it for support (for heavy lathe) would do the trick.

Good luck
    Michael