Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Received His Festool Sander on Back-Order?

Has Anyone Received His Festool Sander on Back-Order?

I am just wondering if anyone has received the random orbit sander that Tool Nut has on back-order. I think mine has about a month left on the fulfill list. Van, don't bother piping in......for obvious reasons.

Aww come on you're no fun.... that reminds me I do have 4 $50 rebate checks to deposit...

On a less stick in the eye kinda note I haven't seen mention of it on FOG regarding any retailers so my guess is the first wave hasn't arrived yet but IIRC they are expected very soon and I am not surprised retailers have been keeping a low profile on this for the last month or so, not wanting to anger the natives and what not.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-10-2017 at 8:33 PM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I got an e-mail a few days ago saying the target for mine is Feb 9--which is my original delayed date. It doesn't normally get warm enough to hit the shop until mid-March, so i'm good even if it's a little later than 2-9.
    earl

Mine is March sometime. It's so far out that I don't track the exact date.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

No, no , and no.

Ha yea dont hate on Van, he's certainly not the only one that had the foresight to buy a bunch of those Pro 5 LTDs!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

yeah but now he has to buy 4 more tools from festool to get those rebates

Quote Originally Posted by David T gray View Post
    yeah but now he has to buy 4 more tools from festool to get those rebates
    Nope, they come as a check you deposit. So you can do whatever you want with them. Its just cash in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Nope, they come as a check you deposit. So you can do whatever you want with them. Its just cash in the bank.

I think he is saying I had to use the vouchers to get the checks.

Obviously, I did have to but they were planned purchases anyway, if I had only planned to buy Festool in the next year I would have just bought 1 Pro 5 etc.

What I did do was buy all 4 when eBay had their last 10% eBay Bucks day so I got an additional ~$220 in eBay bucks that I.... spent on Festool accessories but I could have spent it on anything on eBay. If I felt compelled to see the sanders I could clear another $200 easy and could have gotten the 4 tools for over 33% off. In the end Festool was very good to me over the holidays and I suppose I was pretty good to them as well, a nice symbiotic relationship.

edit: BTW if anyone is thinking buying Festool on eBay is dicey it really isn't, no issues with warranty (just register the tool online) and both CPO and Hartville Tool sell Festool on eBay and thus far I have limited my purchases to them.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-11-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    i wish if that was true i would have bought as many as i could.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I think he is saying I had to use the vouchers to get the checks.

Obviously, I did have to but they were planned purchases anyway, if I had only planned to buy Festool in the next year I would have just bought 1 Pro 5 etc.

What I did do was buy all 4 when eBay had their last 10% eBay Bucks day so I got an additional ~$220 in eBay bucks that I.... spent on Festool accessories but I could have spent it on anything on eBay. If I felt compelled to see the sanders I could clear another $200 easy and could have gotten the 4 tools for over 33% off. In the end Festool was very good to me over the holidays and I suppose I was pretty good to them as well, a nice symbiotic relationship.
    Oh, yea, misread that. Had a couple beers. Yea that makes sense.

And yes, smart man! Combining purchases with eBay Bucks deals is definitely the way to go!

I really like the 5" pro sander. It is worth your wait. A buddy used one of my vouchers on a rotex purchase.

I find this really irritating. I'm a huge Festool fan, but they really dropped the ball here. I'm a floor sander by trade and use these very often. I bought 5 of them on day 1, payed using PayPal and gotta wait till almost April. Bad thing is, if you used PayPal they took the money immediately then made you wait 6 months. It's just a sore subject for me. I have 3 of The 125s out getting service. So I actually need the sanders I paid for.

This is the first I heard of this! Any chance they will do it again? One retailer told me they expected to be able to accept new orders in March, but i am not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    This is the first I heard of this! Any chance they will do it again? One retailer told me they expected to be able to accept new orders in March, but i am not holding my breath.

The chance of them doing the promotion again for $99 with a $50 voucher anytime soon is HIGHLY unlikely.. They had to have their dealers stop taking orders early on the 3rd day of pre-sale since the orders were already multiple times what they expected to receive. The whole thing has been a major PITA for Festool and the dealers. They have taken a lot of heat and have actually gone out of their way to make the promotion work as best they could.

Now they will probably start shipping the updated Pro 5/ETS 125 (whatever they decide to call it here) sometime in March or April (it has been out in Europe) but it will be the normal price which I expect will continue to be $195 and with the normal colored systainer and no voucher.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-11-2017 at 7:55 PM.