Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Received His Festool Sander on Back-Order?

FYI the first "new" batch of Pro 5s have started hitting dealers in the last couple of days. Note they are not coming all at once but in bi-weekly shipments until all the back ordered pre-orders are satisfied.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

So do we know yet if they are going to continue offering the Pro 5 LTD after all these orders are filled for $99? Or when will they stop the $50 voucher deal?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    So do we know yet if they are going to continue offering the Pro 5 LTD after all these orders are filled for $99? Or when will they stop the $50 voucher deal?

I don't know if Festool have definitely said but I highly doubt it. The sander is selling in Europe as the updated ETS 125 (same name) and kept the same price as the old ETS, here the updated RTS and DTS are on sale for the same price as the previous models so I expect the new ETS 125 (or if they keep Pro 5 which I doubt) to sell for $195. I think it was a one and done deal but you never know, if Festool feels it drove more sales and brought more people into the fold they might do something similar again despite the trouble is caused them. It has been near a decade since they did anything like this and my guess is it will be awhile before they consider it again.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Is there any way to still get this sander for the $99 price point?

I've seen a few on ebay with $250 buy it now prices, that's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knitter View Post
    Is there any way to still get this sander for the $99 price point?

I've seen a few on ebay with $250 buy it now prices, that's absurd.
    Short answer no. They started the presale IIRC at the beginning of November and Festool had their retailers stop taking orders on the morning of the 3rd day because the demand had already FAR exceeded their expectations and their initial supply. The actual "value" in Festool terms is $245, $195 for the tool with a $50 voucher for a future tool purchase. As you can expect most Festoolians went nuts @ 99 bucks.

My dealer told me that Festool made notice to all dealers that this Pro 5 promotion was officially canceled back in November soon after they stopped dealer pre-orders, thus this voucher/$99 promotion is officially dead unless you got in a pre-order and got a commitment from Festool/your dealer that your pre-order will be fulfilled.

Just a call from my local Woodcraft today that mine just came in. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Well this morning I was reading this thread and then just before lunch I got a call from my local Festool dealer and they told me that my Pro 5 came in!!!! Took a while, but I'm excited to add it to the pack!
    picture to prove it:
    cheers,
    NWB
    IMG_4451.JPG
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"

Quote Originally Posted by NICK BARBOZA View Post
    Well this morning I was reading this thread and then just before lunch I got a call from my local Festool dealer and they told me that my Pro 5 came in!!!! Took a while, but I'm excited to add it to the pack!
    picture to prove it:
    cheers,
    NWB
    IMG_4451.JPG
    Great. Now turn it on and make sure it is not jumpy or jerky out of the box like mine. I sent mine to Festool 2 weeks ago for repair and should get it back tomorrow or Monday.
    Good luck.
    Mike

Mine was among the first batch but haven't even taken it out of its box. Sits in a corner of the shop...
    Somehow the excitement of playing with a new tool has escaped me. Darn! now I remember I haven't tried that Veritas angle plane either.....

Yep. Mine was among the first batch too but I never had any problem with any of my other Festool sanders so I did not even think about testing until I saw one of the video on Youtube about the sander being jumpy.

yea, I'll give it a whirl this weekend and see how it is.
    I also just purchased a RO125, so the PRO5 may not see as much action as it would have a couple months ago....
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"

Anyone wanting one for $99 check your local dealers. There are reports of dealers getting their pre-orders that were not for specific people and putting them on the floor, specifically some Woodcrafts but other dealers might be in the same boat.

FYI if you ordered from Bob Marino he just got and is shipping out his first batch of backorders today.

Mine isn't due for a few more weeks.