Thread: speedy 300 rotary

speedy 300 rotary

Finally got my rotary and i am confused already. the instructions tell me to put the motor part on the left side of the table. This does not seem right to me.
    anyone with a 300 and a rotary care to share a picture of your installation of the rotary. Seems to me the motor should be on the right side otherwise i
    am going to engrave right over my power cord. that can't be good.

ok, just found this pic online and the motor is clearly on the right. The instructions Trotec sent me say " The (golden) motor of the rotary attachment should be on the left side" UGH!!
    rotary.JPG
    Last edited by TAMI WILSON; 01-13-2017 at 5:32 PM.
    sandcarving and sublimation.
    Trotec Speedy 300/80 watt!

you can't engrave your power cord if you're engraving something in the rotary

And assuming the cord is laying on the table (like both of mine) it'll never be in focus anyway.

Finally, the table should automatically drop to keep the rotary lower than than the laser head too...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    you can't engrave your power cord if you're engraving something in the rotary

And assuming the cord is laying on the table (like both of mine) it'll never be in focus anyway.

Finally, the table should automatically drop to keep the rotary lower than than the laser head too...
    Yes Kev, but i still think the instructions are screwy and the motor should be on the right. Guess i will wait till Monday and give Trotec a call.

Your position is how we run ours and all seems to work fine.
    Cammaster Cobra 508 ATC, Trotec Speedy 300,
    Gravograph IS900, Vision 1624
    HPL360, Epson GS6000, Graphtec Plotter
    Illustrator, Photoshop, Microstation, V-Carve Pro, Corel Draw

The picture is correct. The rotary only goes on one way. I didn't even get instructions with mine. It's really pretty obvious.

I had no idea of which end the driven end resides, but I will say it seems totally 'left handed' to me, for several reasons-- my 2 machines with rotary's have the motor/chuck/driven end on the left side, *nearly* all wood and metal lathes are driven from the left side, and *nearly* all X-Y CNC machines 'zero' and start from the left side. To have the rotary 'backwards' would take some getting used to
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

See that is the problem with us women. Chris, We read the directions. Should have just thrown em in the trash.

Tami you crack me up yes all women read the stupid directions we guys just bull ahead in a way that seems logical to us
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

After 62 years I've found it's easier to read instructions. My favorite instructions: Ikea.
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Tami,

If its any consolation to you I had the same problem when I installed my Trotec rotary the first time. I read the instructions, mostly because I fear making a very expensive mistake and I hate to miss a function that might not be obvious.

Tami

As you have discovered, the drive end is on the right. I would play a bit with the elevation adjustments on the drive end and the left end of the of the work holders as well as the one at the far left end of rotary device in order to achieve the best focus on the workpiece.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Tami,

If its any consolation to you I had the same problem when I installed my Trotec rotary the first time. I read the instructions, mostly because I fear making a very expensive mistake and I hate to miss a function that might not be obvious.

Guess we ought to clue Trotec in so they send out the proper instructions to the next person who actually reads them.