Thread: Finally!! New house, new shop and new tools!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finally!! New house, new shop and new tools!

I've been waiting for this mention for a long time now. Finally convinced my wife that it was time for us to move. This lead to the construction of our new home, fast forward 6 months and I now have a 1500 sq. ft. basement for a workshop instead of a 2 car garage.

During the construction period, I had to give up my fathers day, birthday AND Christmas gift. But.... The wife did promise she'd make it up by letting me buy tools once we close on the house and moved in. She made good on her promise and I ended up with a brand new 15" Powermatic planer with the spiral cutter head along with a Fuji Q5 HVLP spray gun. Oh, I also somehow brought home a 2017 BMW X5 , still not sure how that happened. I swear it just followed me home.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share some pictures of my new shop. It's still a work in progress since we've only moved in 3 weeks ago. I've only had 2 or 3 days to work on the shop, the rest of the time the wife was cracking her whip pressing me to unpack the house so we didn't live in boxes.

The builders put in a lot of walls in the basement, most of which aren't even load bearing walls so I do plan to take them down later on. For now they'll have to stay since my wife already has a list of things for me to build. Getting the shop up and running is priority now. I just pulled a permit for all the electrical work yesterday and plan to start running all the wires this weekend. The idea is to have (30) 20 amp outlets throughout the shop plus (3) 20 amp 240v and (1) 30 amp 240v outlets for the bigger toys. I have a friend coming to help this weekend so I'm hoping all the electrical work will be done and inspected by next week.

Duct work is nearly complete, just missing a few fittings which comes in today so I should be done with it by this weekend.

I'm open to advise on any improvement I can make so if you have them, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Hoang