Thread: Looking for Plywood source North of Boston with cutting services

Looking for Plywood source North of Boston with cutting services

Hello,

Beside Boulter Plywood in Somerville (MA), is there any other source of Plywood (BB) that offer cutting services as well?
    South of New Hampshire (I93) is ok too.
    Thanks Laura

Highland Hardwoods in Brentwood NH has some plywood but not the inventory as Boulter. I use Boulter for plywood and Highland for lumber.
    Don

None that I know of. Best bet may be finding a local cabinet shop that'll bring it in and cut it for you. I have one client I work with who orders a specific type of panel cut into small parts several times a year. Works well for everyone since they don't have any interest in bringing a saw and dust collection into their facility, and I can make a few bucks on a couple hours of easy work Don't know if that type of arrangement would work with what your looking to do, but just a suggestion as there are a lot of small shops out their that could handle it and probably one not too far from you.

good luck,
    JeffD

Try The Woodery in Lunenburg, MA.

CWG Hardwoods in Enfield CT is worth the drive if you need any quantity of material. Great stuff and good prices with exceptional service. He commutes on weekends between Maine and Enfield and might be able to deliver to you reasonably.

If I just need a sheet or two or something exotic I use Boulter.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I called the Woodery twice and send them a request of quote. I can drive there if they are interested. It is a pike and need a day off work but if the quality/cut/price are good I can do it. My project required about 8-10 cut a sheet and I need about 7-8 sheet to complete the project. They sounded very busy. CT is really too far but I will call and see if they deliver. Do they have cutting services?
    With respect to local cabinet shops, it does not seem to be an option as an home owner. Everybody around us seems SOOO busy. I wanted to buy locally several drawers but they did not seem very interested. May be if my hubby calls would be different but these is what I get. I would love to have somebody to cut my plywood. Any volunteer?

Just curious have you contacted Boulter and got a quote? I know they will cut plywood to size for a small charge. I've had them make a few cuts for me with no issue.
    Don

Im in Natick. If you want to pay me $35hr to pick it up at a plywood supplier local to me, cut it up then deliver it to you i could do that.

PM me if you are interested. Roburt Bury sells quality shet goods and they are a 30 minute drive from me max..