Hi,

I have a Jet DC1200 that I use in my 2 car garage shop. I simply move a flex hose from machine to machine as needed. However this is awkward and takes up a lot of valuable floor space, and the thing is loud as a jet taking off (aptly named tool). I don't have any exceptional needs - my machines are all what most of you have - a 6" jointer, a Dewalt lunchbox planer, Sawstop 3 HP PCS, Laguna SUV 14" bandsaw, a Bosch glide chop saw, and a Hawk scroll saw. I really only use the DC on the table saw, the planer, and the jointer. I tend to use a shop vac to clean up after any other sawdust messes I make.

So given this use, and having no idea how powerful the Festool large extractors are, is it possible to replace the DC with a Festool machine? Does the Festool generate enough airflow to use on a tablesaw or planer? Can I either use a 4" hose with the Festool, or adapt down to the size they use? Is that just not going to cut it? I suspect it would be underpowered, but I figured I would ask. Any other considerations? I change the bag on my DC about once a year, so smaller volume containers on the Festool machines doesn't really concern me. Any other issues that I am not thinking of? Can I use a cyclone separator with a Festool Vac?

Thanks in advance folks. Much appreciated.

Joe