Thread: Lidded box, different top

Lidded box, different top

This is a lidded box I made with something different than the traditional finial. I would appreciate you comments and criticism. The wood is African Blackwood and Pink Ivory. For some reason I can't figure out the photo insertion for this post.IMG_0882.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by William C Rogers; 01-12-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

William, the reason your images looked normal to you but uploaded sideways was because of the metadata, which is all the camera info attached to each photo. If you delete that info before uploading, you should be go to go.

I like your lid! Cool concept! The woods work well together and a turned Rose looks great! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    William, the reason your images looked normal to you but uploaded sideways was because of the metadata, which is all the camera info attached to each photo. If you delete that info before uploading, you should be go to go.

I like your lid! Cool concept! The woods work well together and a turned Rose looks great! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Thanks Steve, got pictures better.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

William - for more info on how to insert images, check out this link from the Tech Support Forum: Images
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

A beautiful piece and combination of woods. I like the look of the pink ivory. Nice job.

Red
    RED

beautiful work love the rose

Pink ivory...? Is the pink ivory colored or dyed? My only experience with it was a much lighter, almost pale pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Rasmussen View Post
    Pink ivory...? Is the pink ivory colored or dyed? My only experience with it was a much lighter, almost pale pink.
    There is no dye or color, it is the natural wood. This piece was a high quality piece with excellent color. When I lived in the Indy area I could pick my wood from three different vendors. Now however I must rely on mail order. I had just ordered some Pink Ivory and the quality was much like you described, needless to say I was disappointed.