Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Woodpeckers drill press table..

Kudos to Woodpecker for voluntarily offering a resolution!

I have this drill table and one of their router lifts. Great products. Everything I have heard about Woodpecker's customer service has been good. Justin's posts back up those reports!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Woodpeckers was already on my list of companies that get it, when it comes to customer service. Good job, Justin.

I have had nothing but excellent service and great products from Woodpeckers. Great job Justin
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

A bit off topic, but I went to the Kansas City Woodworking Show today, and what did I come across at the Woodpeckers booth? Yes, a DelVe Square. They said they only had the one. Took me only a few seconds to bag the little gem. They obviously have a private stash somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Yep. Thanks for checking in!

Now go tell someone it is time to make more DelVe squares, mine got pilfered from my shop and I really LOVED that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    A bit off topic, but I went to the Kansas City Woodworking Show today, and what did I come across at the Woodpeckers booth? Yes, a DelVe Square. They said they only had the one. Took me only a few seconds to bag the little gem. They obviously have a private stash somewhere.

" many bad words ".
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Killebrew View Post
    Just a quick update on this situation. Patrick private messaged me yesterday but I'm still waiting on an address from him so I can send the replacement unit. Once I know where to send it, I'm sure he will be satisfied with his decision to purchase our table.
    I would like everyone to know that while most take the approach of notifying the retailer or manufacturer when there is a problem, not all do. It's incredibly difficult to fix a problem when you don't know it exists. We expect all of our products to work as we claim. If there is ever an issue, contact us. We are pretty easy to deal with.
    Justin,
    While I am not a huge fan of Woodpecker's toys, primarily due to pricing, I need you to know how much I appreciate your response to this situation. Total retail class, which seems to be lacking in our world today. Good on you son!
    With respect - Bill

I've had the Woodpeckers drill press table for several years and love it. No problems and highly recommended if you have too much going on to deal with building your own. The one occasion I had to call Woodpeckers support for an item it was immediately resolved. An excellent American company IMHO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Kudos to Woodpecker for voluntarily offering a resolution!
    Not unexpected. I've had several interactions with Justin over the last decade or so (only one was service related) and he is a class act all the way IMHO. I think we get such marginal service from so many providers that we hesitate to just call them up. There are customer service minded jewels out there like Woodpeckers, Lee Valley and I'm sure many others.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Not unexpected. I've had several interactions with Justin over the last decade or so (only one was service related) and he is a class act all the way IMHO. I think we get such marginal service from so many providers that we hesitate to just call them up. There are customer service minded jewels out there like Woodpeckers, Lee Valley and I'm sure many others.
    Calling or emailing a supplier costs next to nothing. I've always been willing to give the supplier a chance - certainly before complaining about them

Sure would be kind of the OP to update this thread, especially considering that the vendor in question has gone out of their way to solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    Sure would be kind of the OP to update this thread, especially considering that the vendor in question has gone out of their way to solve the problem.
    +1. I agree. Patrick, please tell us how all this settled out for you!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

An update would be nice. Concerning the Woodworking Shows, typically the founder's wife attends for Woodpecker's. I have a couple of their items including the drill press table on the Delta Rockwell drill press. It works well.

Well, there was a woman working the booth, don't know who she was, just that she and the other guy working were very busy. Woodpeckers and the Lee Valley booths were the main attractions for me. I've been to both websites, a lot, but it's nice to see the stuff and be able to pick it up and touch it. The DelVe Square was $50, which meant that I needed to figure out how to spend another $50 to qualify for the $10 coupon. The lady was very helpful with that.

I was indeed contacted by Woodpeckers.

I explained that although it may not be understood, well received or the popular approach i was not looking for a replacement table. Rather my intent was just to put the word out or rather add to the list of people whom have had this same problem.

Again i understand many may not agree with my stance. On the other hand i dont think my experience is going to sink Woodpeckers. I am sure they make many quality products as they seem to be very popular. Imop and a number of others this drill press table is hit or miss.

I applaud Woodpeckers willingess to make this right. That alone will be reason enough to not deter me from purchasing from them again. Just not a drill press table.

I really think a lot of Woodpeckers for trying to fix this. This thread is a real head scratcher. After reading the thread I am more inclined to buy from Woodpeckers.