Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Woodpeckers drill press table..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Hi, Cindy

FWIW, I recently purchased one of the WP MDF router tables. It's nice and flat, no problems. They do, though, recommend to people living in coastal environments to apply wax to all exposed surfaces on the MDF. While I live in the center of the country, we do see pretty wild humidity changes, so I waxed it anyway. Can't hurt, and it's easy to do.

As for your reluctance to post because of your gender, on the few occasions that I've seen women posting here, I always think, "You go, girl!"
    Thank you Nick! It is definitely inspiring to hear somebody cheering me on. I love woodworking and it is fun to see the look on people's faces when they hear what my hobby is. I tell them knitting and cooking attempts were not pretty so I decided to try my hand at something different. My husband is horrified I might try my hand at welding next. I just might do that. : )
    I have an Incra router tabletop and I think it also has an MDF core. Still perfectly flat after over a year in our garage and rain drenched city. I couldn't be happier with it.
    I will keep the waxing tip in mind and suspect the exposed MDF under the T-tracks might contribute to the problem. I did hear back from WP after I posted and they will replace the table but only once they confirm it truly isn't flat. But paying to ship it is all on me. I plan to see how much it will actually cost to ship it on Tuesday.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Awesome link, thank you!

What thickness are you using?
    i bought the woodpeck table when i do buy plate it is always over the .5 limit which is .005 instead of .015.

Quote Originally Posted by mike wacker View Post
    Where can I source such a jig plate?
    Metal Supermarkets, check their website to see if there's a local franchise before ordering online. My local store usually beats the online price if they have it in stock.

My table circa 2012, inspired by Mr. Warner:

IMG_0160-2.jpg

It's not cheap(I guess I ended up with $300 or so in material and machine shop time) but it's dead flat and sturdy as all heck. It got transferred to the new press(a NOS Delta Industrial, made in USA) a few years later, a little worn but still flat:

IMG_0853.jpg

Works for me.

4. A few weeks ago I purchased the Woodpeckers DP table. I didn't have the time to install it on my DP so when I received it I took it out of the box, looked it over, put back in the box then stored it in the bonus room.
    I just happened across this thread last week so after work on Thursday I took it back out of the box to check how flat it was...

Here's what I found:

Now the picture makes it look a little worse than it is, about 3/32", but it's still not flat.
    Thursday just before 5:00 I called Woodpeckers and talked to Stephanie. She asked me to send a picture with a straight edge on the table. (see above).

Friday mornings email:

Hello Dave,
    We are going to get a new inspected table top sent out for you.
    We are waiting on tables right now - we should have one ready to ship to you by Tuesday.
    What address would you like this shipped to?
    Thanks!

Stephanie Brucker
    Customer Service
    Woodpeckers Inc.

So +1 for Woodpeckers!

But I do understand that the OP was just trying to get the word out that some of Woodpeckers DP tables might not be flat.

With Woodpeckers stellar customer service that's a non-issue, at least for me.

I would not hesitate to order anything from Woodpeckers.

Just my 2¢...
    Sincerely, Dave.