Thread: help with dimensions on this bed

help with dimensions on this bed

Hi all.

i'm going to be building this bed for our house in the coming weeks as it's the one my wife picked out from browsing pictures online. please try to ignore the bench as i'm not buildnig that at the base of the bed

3sa-bedroom_0.jpg

it's the only picture i could find and there are no dimension anywhere.

would someone with more skills then myself be able to tell me heights of the headboard and footboard based on over things in the room. the baseboards look like 5.5" version to me and the windows are stand height from the floor it looks like as well.

also if anyone could give me a pointers on thickness of the legs? i'm thinking they are 6/4 legs, 4/4 horizontals, 3/4 verts (based on the slight shawdow lines) and then i'll be using ply for the panels most likely. do you think the chamfered tops are 6/4? and they look to overhang all edges by about 1" with maybe a 22.5 degree chamfer...

going to be using Cherry as that is what the orignal was made of and she likes the lighter color. if it were me it would be built from QSWO or Walnut...

thanks!

Brian

Can probably figure it out enough to get you going. it'll have to wait until I get home from work in a few hours.

Edit to add: Here's website with some overall dimensions and more photos of it. http://www.simplyamish.com/furniture...?baseSKUID=745
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 01-13-2017 at 1:27 PM.

Dave you are good!! i have hunted for more time then i care to admit for more information!!

do you believe that i'm good with my thickness estimates as well?

thanks,

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    Can probably figure it out enough to get you going. it'll have to wait until I get home from work in a few hours.

Edit to add: Here's website with some overall dimensions and more photos of it. http://www.simplyamish.com/furniture...?baseSKUID=745

Thanks. It turned out to be an easy find using Google's image search.

As for your dimensions I expect they would be pretty close although I think the rails and stiles are the same thickness. If I were building that bed or at least drawing up plans for it, the side rails would finish at 1-1/4 in. thick the cap rails would be a full 1 in. thick and the legs at least 1-1/2 if not 1-3/4 thick.

FWIW using thicknesses of 6/4, 5/4, etc. usually implies rough lumber.

Hmmmm I'm going to have to Familiarize myself with Google Image search!

And you are right I'm in buying mode right now so I'm using to speaking in quarters.

Thanks again for all the help Dave!