Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acrylic to wood

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Go to Lowes, buy this. It's perfect for what you're doing. And it is virtually crystal clear.
    And strong, I've used it on 2-piece glass awards. Everyone I gotten to try it loves it.

Attachment 351657
    Good suggestion here and I'd try this stuff first. Dries as close to clear as possible, and though I've not stress tested anything. I've glued letters to each other (acrylic to acrylic) and letters to wood (wood to acrylic) and nothing has shown any signs of giving.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

I actually had some of that Loctite , So I did a combination of that and screws, didn't like the screws but I decided to do it anyway just to make sure it didn't fall off LOL
    This is for the Plymouth Regional Senior Center in Plymouth NH. I use to volunteer there and delivered meals on wheels 3 days a week. Cheryl the meals on wheels coordinate knew I did this stuff and emailed me and asked if I could make a plaque for a thank to some other volunteers who donated a Pool Table to the center
    So this is what I did.
    Here's a Picture per Dave's request
    pool plaque.jpgI'm not a pro at this but I think it looks ok to hang in the pool room at the senior center. Their all half blind like me anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    That looks very nice Bert! And the screws are not as obvious as you think. I bet they will be tickled with this!
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.