Thread: Dresser - Help me choose hardware

Dresser - Help me choose hardware

I was originally going to make my own drawer pulls but I've decided to go with brass. A bit overwhelmed at the selection.

I don't want to use escutcheons.

dresser front 1.jpg

Here is one I like.

Here is another one.

I like the first one better.

Beautiful dresser, too.

This is one sorry photo, but its the only one I have handy. You get the idea. Metal pulls get less dingy from the hands. This style avoids the blotchy look of lots of escutcheons.

pulls - 1.jpg

Look at some historical examples, in museum books, etc. Take the time to choose properly. The wrong type/era and quality pull can really harm the overall appearance of a piece.
    Try Londonderry brasses (now in WI) Horton, Ball and Ball, Whitechaple or Optimum brasses in England. You put all the time expense and effort into making the piece....Get the right style and quality hardware. Londonderry and Optimum are my favorites. My two cents.

Robert,

I like the first one better, too.

Here's another source to consider http://www.houseofantiquehardware.com/bail-pulls .

IMO, I'd try to get something that is accurate for the period of the furniture but that wasn't too ornate. I'd want the activity, the beauty of the wood and your craftsmanship to be the stars of the show.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....