Thread: Novelties ?

Novelties ?

I did these a while ago for my wife after a trip to Paris. One is the face of our hotel and the other a popular cafe. Whimsical , but a pleasant reminder of the great pastime of watching the world pass by while sipping espresso .
    Finished with acrylics, stone texture paint a bit of gold foil and printed scripts.
    I used my hand for scale but dimensions are approx. 7 3/4 h x 2 3/4 w for the hotel and 4" W x 3 1/2" h for the cafe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Woodworking Studio

It must be great fun to have your skill and artistic talent!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    It must be great fun to have your skill and artistic talent!
    Not sure about skill and talent but I certainly do have fun! But now I'm glad I didn't post the sketches I did as well.
    The Woodworking Studio

Those are pretty neat. What a pleasant way to remember your vacation!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thank you . And even after all this time they still make me smile. Hopefully they made others do the same and possibly keep it in mind for one of their own special occasions.
    The Woodworking Studio

Very nice, Mark! Is the stone texture paint the stuff you can buy in the big box stores (spray on maybe?) or something else?

Thanks for sharing your work.

Kevin

Yes. It's the stuff that's been around for decades. I've used it on all sorts of projects and displays. Base colors can have an effect but it's very easy to use.
    The Woodworking Studio

Thanks again, Mark, I've thought about trying that paint, will do so in the future.