Thread: is this real

is this real

Got an email this morning it was from Parts-Express for a $50 Amazon gift card. I haven't clicked on it yet . Has anyone else received this? Gift Card.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Structure, punctuation, and grammer look phishy. Also, PE would probably offer something from PE. I would delete.

99%+ chance it's a scam and if you click on the link you risk infection to your computer or even ransomware or perhaps a phishing attempt. You you know this vendor, go to their real website by actually typing in the URL you know (or from your browser bookmarks) and ask them about it via their "Contact Us" link on the real site.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Unless it's from LOML, anything that starts with "Hello Dear" goes straight into the trash.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The only Parts Express I am aware of sells speaker components and does not have a hyphen in the name. Sounds like a scam to me.

yea I figured its a scam just wondered if anyone else got this email.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

They do sell speaker stuff but the do have a hyphen in their web address, I'll email them but preey sure what they will tell me. I mean like why would thay give me a gift card I've never bought from them LOL

Quote Originally Posted by James Tibbetts View Post
    The only Parts Express I am aware of sells speaker components and does not have a hyphen in the name. Sounds like a scam to me.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I mean like why would they give me a gift card I've never bought from them LOL
    Probably for the same reason that Prince from Nigeria wants to send you money.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Pure phishing. I get junk like that all the time, and it gets immediately trashed.

FROM Parts Express

Bert,

Thank you for contacting Parts Express. Regretfully we currently do not have any Gift Cards/Certificates available through our company. I would disregard the email. Thank you for alerting us on this issue.

We appreciate your business. Please let us know if we may be of additional assistance.

Tonya A.
    Customer Service Team

Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by bert kemp View Post
    got an email this morning it was from parts-express for a $50 amazon gift card. I haven't clicked on it yet . Has anyone else received this? Gift Card.jpg
    semper fi!!!