Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding On To My Shop

Quote Originally Posted by David Freed View Post
    Watching someone else use a power painter makes it look easy. Just imagine tying 20 lb weights to your wrists and then holding them out in front of you for a few hours. I'm exhausted.

It's a crappy paint job, but it's brighter now.
    Looking good David.
    I was wondering what sprayer and paint you used?
    I have the same situation I am dealing with trying to paint some OSB. Tried my air sprayer, nope, tried rolling, uses way to much paint and doesn't cover everything. Just ordered a Wagner electric sprayer to try.
    I am not saying go kill all the stupid people......
    I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Howard View Post
    Looking good David.
    I was wondering what sprayer and paint you used?
    I have the same situation I am dealing with trying to paint some OSB. Tried my air sprayer, nope, tried rolling, uses way to much paint and doesn't cover everything. Just ordered a Wagner electric sprayer to try.
    I used a Wagner Power Painter Plus and $25 per 5 gallon bucket of Menards all in one primer and paint.

Thanks David,
    I ordered a Wagner yesterday, will see how I do.
    I am not saying go kill all the stupid people......
    I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

My shop walls are OSB but I skim coat with drywall compound first. It results in a much smoother surface. Much easier to paint too. I rarely sand, I just put some mud in a pan and force it into the voids of the OSB. Wait a day or two and paint. You can still see it's OSB but it's flat and reasonably smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dwight View Post
    My shop walls are OSB but I skim coat with drywall compound first. It results in a much smoother surface. Much easier to paint too. I rarely sand, I just put some mud in a pan and force it into the voids of the OSB. Wait a day or two and paint. You can still see it's OSB but it's flat and reasonably smooth.
    Sounds like a good idea. I'm not very picky about my walls though. They're white now; good enough.

I finally got a couple days to work on my shop. I finished the ceiling and got the lights up. I am going to call the building done. Now I can work on getting tools set up. Still pretty busy at work, so it might take a little while.

Home depot didn't help too much. I bought the lights and bulbs at the same time a couple months ago.They sold me the wrong bulbs.

Hopefully, I'll be working on my first project soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Slowly getting some tools set up and in place. still really busy at work.

10.jpgE.jpg