Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should a buy a Delta Bandsaw model # 28-203 for $300

It's my pleasure. It's awesome that people actually respond to the questions. I bought the saw because I want to make some curved trim on the bottom of a dresser that I am making for my daughter (Photo attached). It the end, it will be white and and of course have all the faces in the front. I am learning as I go courtesy of all the online content available out there. The bandsaw will be used for other projects but I have to start somewhere. My first cabinet build was a utility sink for my garage(photo below). I wanted something tall so I would not have to lean over to use the sink like a traditional plastic home depot utility sink. The sink is plenty large to handle messy clean up like paint or grill grates. I also made a custom concrete counter top. It turned out very functional and I think it looks pretty good too...lol
    IMG_0107.jpgIMG_0109.jpg
    Last edited by Rick Pinzon; 01-18-2017 at 9:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nice cabinet and countertop!

Thank you!

update: new Urethane wheels have been installed. I have a new 1/4 in blade and the front am back movement has been Reduced to maybe only 1/64 of an inch. I then installed a new 3/8 blade and the forward and back movement is even less then 1/64 of an inch. I guess this is as good as it can get considering it's a 20 yr old delta. I have no prior experience with bandsaws so I really have nothing to compare it to. To the naked eye I really to do not see the front and back movement at all with either blade now. I notice it only because I am putting a straight edge to the back of the blade and letting it be pushed back as I manually rotate the wheel. I then took a measurement.

First, nice projects BTW, second you are good with the blade now. If you don't see pulsing by eye when running you are good to go.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    First, nice projects BTW, second you are good with the blade now. If you don't see pulsing by eye when running you are good to go.
    Thank you for you help Van!