Thread: New address for Freedom Pens

New address for Freedom Pens

I just want to reassure everyone that just because Hampton Roads Online is closing doesn't mean the end of the Freedom Pens Project. We still are going strong and will continue to provide pen kits to those in need and ship the finished pens to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Please note our new address:

Freedom Pens Project
    c/o Northwind Associates
    8770 Little England Road
    Hayes, VA 23072

Thanks for all your support. We just passed the 10,000 mark for this year. We have just a few months left in 2005. Let's see if we can make it 20,000.

Jackie

Hi Jackie.
    If running few auctions can speed up the FPP, let us know.
    Thanks
    YCF Dino

Dino,

I am trying to get all the pens we have shipped out. I shipped out 35 boxes last week and am now out of funds for shipping. I have approximately 30 more boxes to ship plus we need to keep buying pen kits for our turners.

I think an auction is a great idea. We could sure use the funds to keep the program going.

Jackie

finding the auctioneer

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Outten
    Dino,

I am trying to get all the pens we have shipped out. I shipped out 35 boxes last week and am now out of funds for shipping. I have approximately 30 more boxes to ship plus we need to keep buying pen kits for our turners.

I think an auction is a great idea. We could sure use the funds to keep the program going.

Jackie
    Hi Jackie.
    The only thing left is...finding the auctioneer.
    Thanks.

Dino,

I will have Keith send you a PM.

Jackie

Freedom Pens

Keith,

A woman here in Seattle has contacted me about something that she is doing for our troops. Many of them apparently have planted small gardens in their area where they are stationed, to remind them of home. She has asked about "garden art" that she could send to them in the middle east or elsewhere that they are stationed. Not surprisingly she has come up with the name "freedom garden". I have done a sample for her of something I'm willing to donate to the cause. This is not something that's in as great a demand as pens to write home which every service member could use, but it would still be nice if any creekers in the Seattle area could donate scraps of 1/4" wood 6"x12 or larger so that I can make more of them. Maybe even mill some cheap cedar fence boards that we could use for troops from the northwest. These are going outside in the dirt so we're not talking furniture here, just want fairly smooth 1/4" thick for the laser.
    Last edited by Joe Pelonio; 10-31-2005 at 1:42 PM.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Jackie

What does it cost to send the pens over seas? It might be an option to include money for postage if groups are doing fundraiser along side of the turnings.

Alan

Alan,

I can send between 50 and 150 pens depending on their size and packaging for $7.70.

Jackie

New e-mail address?

Hi Jackie,

We are almost ready to mail you the pens from the Curly Woods TAT. The number has grown to 79, but I think there will be a few more from other Hunt County Woodturners. Should get them packed up and mailed by Friday.

Do you have a new e-mail address? I can't find you on the Members List, and I need to send you the list of penturners with the number of pens turned by each. Please send me a PM. Thanks.

Margie (& Art) Hendrix

Art,

Click on Jackie's name in her post above. You can select from the drop down menu to send her a Private Message or Email. Those who have a web site have a link to their site as well.

Thanks, Keith. That really works! I'm not very computer literate; now that I've retired, the computer world has moved to fast forward. I'm glad to know how to do a PM or e-mail from the forum.
    Art

Is this adress still the current one??? Also where are we able to order pen kits in bulk???
    Isaiah 55:6-7

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Spafford
    Is this adress still the current one??? Also where are we able to order pen kits in bulk???
    Jonathan,

The address above is correct. You can request pen kits from Jackie, she has a special discount for the Freedom Pens Project so the savings are significant.

14. Freedom pens from a new turner

I just started turning yesterday (made three pens already)... and as my brother is currently stationed in Iraq, I'll be sending a pen to him and would be proud to make a few to send to our troops over there.

We generally send packages over to Iraq at least one or two times per week. The postal flat rate boxes work best... you can send a lot of stuff for $8.10.

Let me know if I can help out in any other way, too.