Thread: Seg #8

Seg #8

Southwest style inspired pot segmented of Hard Maple and Bubinga. 4 1/2 high and 5 1/2" wide. WTF finish and buffed. Wall thickness approximately 1/4".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C&C WELCOME

Very nice and classy and well finished.

Nice work Allan! I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Ferguson View Post
    Southwest style inspired pot segmented of Hard Maple and Bubinga. 4 1/2 high and 5 1/2" wide. WTF finish and buffed. Wall thickness approximately 1/4".
    Nice. Simple pattern but elegant, and the colors look like they compliment each other.

I may have to break down and finally try some segmented turnings. Our turning club demo tonight was on getting started with segmentation. Do you use the Segeasy and cut with a table saw?

I use a home made sled on my table saw. I will be using Tightbond origanl glue in future. Segmented work requires a good bit of planing before any wood chips fly. Give it a try , John.
    C&C WELCOME

Very nice, love the color combination!

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Ferguson View Post
    I use a home made sled on my table saw. I will be using Tightbond origanl glue in future. Segmented work requires a good bit of planing before any wood chips fly. Give it a try , John.
    That's the method and glue the demonstrator used. He said he had also used a miter saw.

He demonstrated a software program SegmentPro he said simplified the planning process.

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 01-18-2017 at 11:10 AM.