Thread: I've put on some weight...

I've put on some weight...

P1180096.jpg

I'm building my first official workbench on my kids' old workbench. Planing tends to move the bench around a bit, sometimes quite a bit. I know I've used an old trick, but how often does the added weight exceed the weight of the workbench? I think it probably does here -- added weight = 210 lbs.

BTW, I don't lift weights, those are ones my son left when he moved out and has been dragging his feet on getting rid of. If 210 isn't enough there's another 500 lbs or so gathering dust.

Herv

Quote Originally Posted by Herv Peairs View Post
    P1180096.jpg

I'm building my first official workbench on my kids' old workbench. Planing tends to move the bench around a bit, sometimes quite a bit. I know I've used an old trick, but how often does the added weight exceed the weight of the workbench? I think it probably does here -- added weight = 210 lbs.

BTW, I don't lift weights, those are ones my son left when he moved out and has been dragging his feet on getting rid of. If 210 isn't enough there's another 500 lbs or so gathering dust.

Herv
    Might have to "steel" your idea, this gives a whole new meaning to the word Bench Press!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    Might have to "steel" your idea, this gives a whole new meaning to the word Bench Press!

...and a little plain iron to go with the plane iron....

Blog Entries
    My weight is a 5 gallon bucket full of concrete.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)