Thread: Anyone tried one of these?

Anyone tried one of these?

hope this is OK. If not delete it and accept my apologies.

I bought some cheap tapered router bits from this place once, and today they sent me a add, with this in it

I have been using Thien on my two shop vac's, but I still clog the filter about every 30 gallons of dust. For that price I am tempted to try one, but curious if anyone else has tried one from there? Appears to be good reviews, with the exception of the < 2" ports.

Blog Entries
    I have a dust deputy, which is similar & it is fantastic. I'll go months without cleaning the filter & even then it'll only be lightly loaded.

Yes, I recently installed one of these Chinese mini-cyclones to capture the fine dust from my drum sander. Like you, I have a Thien Baffle system and have found like many others that such a system does a poor job collecting fine dust. Most of my sanding dust was ending up in my Wynn filters.

However, the 2" ports on the mini-cyclone are too small to use with a Dust Collector, even tho mine is a 3HP unit. So I purchased a Ridgid WD 1851 shop vac having 2 1/2" hose and plumbed it to the mini-cyclone with 2 1/2" PVC electrical conduit and standard PVC fittings. I purchased some 2 1/2" flex hose from McMaster-Carr and adapted it to the mini-cyclone and my drum sander dust hood. As near as I can tell, the mini-cyclone appears to collect 100% of the sander dust, with none of it going into the shop vac tank or into the shop vac filter. Over the last couple of months, I have collected approximately a gallon of sanding dust with this setup. Currently, this mini-cyclone is dedicated to my drum sander and I have no plans to use it for other tools as my 3HP Thien Baffle DC does an excellent job for the rest of my shop tools.

Paul -- Auburn, WA