Thread: Sprayers, which type? HELP

Sprayers, which type? HELP

Looking to buy a new spray gun/outfit. Been reading and the more I read the less I think I know. First I do all my finishing in my shop so being able to transport the unit is not a problem. My shop compressor is 12.5 CFM @ 90 lbs. Most finishes I use are lacquer or varnish base. I would like to be able to use something like SW Pro-Choice, Target EM6500WP . If I have it somewhat correct (removing the operator's skill level from the equation) a air compressor and LVLP gun will give the best finish. Followed by HVLP, then airless systems and Turbo systems. Please let me know if I am right as well as what guns, systems, etc. you might suggest.

Have a look at John's post #10 on this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t-I-need-to-do. Sounds like your compressor has the capacity for HVLP. Don't know much about LVLP but I get excellent results with HVLP - here's a link comparing the different gun types pros and cons http://spraygunworld.com/Information...20vs%20rp.html

Thanks Andy

Yes, the Qualspray AM-6008 SmartPak (not 6002 as I said in that link, sorry) will spray those products, and a whole lot more. I haven't actually sprayed ProClassic with it, but I have sprayed BW Advance w/o thinning and it has the same viscosity. I think any pressure assisted gun will likely work if you have the correct N/N sets. I'm not pushing the Qualspray gun over others; it's the only pressure assisted gun I've used. If you've never sprayed before the Qualspray gun offers a lot of capability for the money and it's a proven performer.

With your large compressor you have a lot of options. I think it depends mostly on what kind of projects you want to spray and how much you are willing to spend.

John