Thread: Trotec - hard to reach lense

Trotec - hard to reach lense

Can I remove safely metal housing infront of a laser tube to clean first mirror? I took a picture to show it.
    I had a situation where somebody used air compressor to clean inside of a Trotec. Not very nice for lenses.
    Laser works but I had to decrease cutting speed, or in Trotec measures from 0,7 to 0,4 speed for cutting to have a same result.
    Trotec Support says that maybe the tube is getting weaker and that this situation is normal. Before anything else, I would try cleaning that mirror before calling them for annual checkup that needs to be payed of course
    There are 4 screws that holds metal housing. I am not sure if mirror and red dot laser pointer are connected to that housing so I don't want to mess up laser alignment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trotec Speedy 300
    Trotec Speedy 400

Yes, you can safely remove that. It's stuck on with some tape too, so you'll have to pull that away a little. No issues in removing it at all. There's nothing attached to it that would be a problem.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Scott! Today I will remove it and see is everything ok.
    Trotec Speedy 300
    Trotec Speedy 400