Thread: Odds and ends

Odds and ends

I spent just at 2 weeks learning to use Sketchup and designing two new end tables for my wife. She gets what she wants as she is the person who helps finance and approve my tool budget.

For the seemingly required new tools for the new projects, I bought the Gold version of Cutlistplus and a Sketchup extension that loads the project information quite handily into a Cutist acceptable format. Today I got a note via USPS from the founder of the company that developed Cutlist thanking me for my purchase. I thought that was unusually nice!

I'm now in the shop working on getting ready for the new projects. I stole one of Glenn Bradley's ideas to improve the dust collection on my oscillating spindle sander. I purchased some rare earth magnets, milled a scrap piece of red oak, drilled some recesses and epoxied some of those rare earth magnets into the recesses. Now the front is contained and yet it is removable for changing spindles. Thanks glenn!

Now I am on to the task of building a dust collection add-on for my new Dewalt miter saw. I sure don't seem to be getting the advertised percentage of DC even with my DC or shop vac. With this new system I will have a 4" DC input just below and to the rear of the saw and the 1.25 input on the blade guard. I hope it improves it!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Keeping the customer happy is a good thing...especially when they, err....she...approves the tool budget.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...