Thread: Marbles & Jokers

Marbles & Jokers

I'm making 24 Marbles & Jokers game pieces out of cherry. Each piece is 16" long X 3-5/8 X .800 thick. Run time for the 4 pieces is 27 minutes. I wish I had a vacuum table. Sorry for the lousy pic. I needed to change lenses but too lazy..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Cant beat 27 minutes. They look super clean.

Thanks, unfortunately that doesn't include bit change time. I'm working on a fixture to hold the piece so I can cut the pin on the backside.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Looks nice, Bruce! I agree with Mark - that's a very clean cut. It looks like you rounded the top edge - I have yet to try that. All I have are radius bits with bearings; is it ok to use those or do I need to take the bearing off?
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

David, I used a Whiteside 1570 round over bit. I have a rule; no bearing bits on the cnc.

Andy Rooney

I bet you can flip that board over and cut the pins with all 4 still together.

cut the pins first then you flip it and machine all the other stuff including the cut out

Very true, I was just thinking of his current four Especially if he onion skins them

That's a good idea, I'll have to it give some thought. I did leave a .025 onion skin.

Andy Rooney