Ok TV people i need help.

My TV is quickly on its way out.

To date i have been under the impression Samsung leads the pack and Sony has fallen by the wayside. For a while LG seemed to be coming on strong and maybe still are.

I went to BestBuy a couple months ago for a non TV related purchase and i checked out TV's, mine was already showing symptoms of dying on me. What i noticed was $800-$1500 seems to get you a nice 55-65" TV with the latest picture technology. They did have a couple $5K tv's with a new picture technology and yes is was like "WOW" but it almost looked fake as if ythey clear coated the screen of the TV with high gloss laquer. Plus im not dropping $5K on a dam TV. That kind expenditure i reserve for woodworking machinery and lumber.

So do i just go purchase what i like or should i gravitate and stay away from certain brands. Seemed all TV' these days are smart/4K yada yada...

I never purchase bottom of the barrel anything. I often purchase the best and cry once depending what we are talking about. For instance i just spent a fortune on closed cell spray foam for a master bedroom addition and top of the line Marvin windows for my whole house. I did 100% of the work other than insulate, electricity and plumbing so you get the point im not ruch just thourough. Being a contractor for so long i have come to know quality vrs garbage and the consiquence of being cheap.

I don't need a closed cell marvin Martin TV but i will not ge buying a low end Anderson either.

thoughts!