Thread: Which LR32 "system"?

Which LR32 "system"?

I've been doing a lot of research and have decided to get the OF 1400 router for use with the LR32 hole drilling system (I already have the 55" guide rail). I just need to decide which "system" to get.

$128 - just the guide plate and centering mandrel.

$249 - guide plate, centering mandrel, and two edge guides

Or go whole hog and get the $495 set with a systainer?

• Guide plate
    • Centering mandrel
    • 2 edge stops
    • 2 linear stops
    • 2 clamps
    • Operating wrench
    • 35 mm carbide-tipped European hinge boring bit
    • 2 carbide-tipped 5 mm shelf pin bits, one for through holes and one for stopped pin holes.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Sincerely, Dave.

You can get a long fine with the $250 kit and while it doesnt list it mine came with the longitudinal stops (LINK). I then ordered the LR 32 plastic insert from the $500 kit from Festool and used a SYS-1 i have around from a vacuum cleaning kit (LINK). Already had the screw clamps (LINK) and there was the complete $500 LR 32 system.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I recently moved into a new home and needed to build many cabinets for the garage as well as a large entertainment/shelving system. At first, I wasn't going to buy the entire set due to cost, but I'm glad I did. I have used all of the parts that came with the complete kit many times over. Now looking back at over 25 cabinets and 40 doors, the cost amortized over that many pieces was quite reasonable (although it didn't seem like it when I was considering the purchase) The LR32 system opened up a whole new world of cabinet building for me. I built and hung the cabinets even before I made the doors and the doors fit perfectly when I built and installed them several months later. The edge guides worked perfectly for setting the hole set back for the Blum concealed Euro style hinge mounting plates.

I like having all of those parts together in the systainer, but keep the clamps at my bench. If I ever decide that I no longer have a use for the set, I think having the packaged set will be of value for selling it.

No matter what you decide, that system is extremely well though out, and I was able to use my Bosch 1618 EVS router with it.
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 01-27-2017 at 6:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    Dick Mahany.

David, you might find it cheaper to buy the LR32 system from Europe. See this thread post 12 onward for potential sources http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...mm-x-20mm-tops. Axminster's price seems to be considerably less than the $495. There will be shipping costs but hard to believe that would push it up to the US price