Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Little moulder...

Quick video, first time all under power.
    Top head starter still needs some repair.
    https://youtu.be/xXp0FcxGPrI

That's 115 HP total.

Darn lucky you don't pay demand charges. Just starting that up would cost $125

Wow, there is a lot going on there! Impressive you have it all figured out and can get all the parts working in synch.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Graywacz View Post
    Darn lucky you don't pay demand charges. Just starting that up would cost $125
    Not really, it's just 6 15hp motors and a 20hp, not like actually starting one 100hp motor.

Well, the wadkin has a new companion. 1995 Weinig Hydramat 22al. 6 head, hydraulic feed, feed deck, grinder, heads, tooling, etc.
    This is a jointed head moulder that will run 150 ft/min.

Man where do you find all this industrial equipment for sale? I must be shopping the wrong places. Seriously though, keep posting pics of what you bring home. It is fun to see all the tools!

I can't give away all my secrets. They threw in a scmi t130 with sliding table and stock feeder.

They bought moulder new, at a cost of 159k.

I think it needs more motors.. At least 2 more .. Just stick them anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I can't give away all my secrets. They threw in a scmi t130 with sliding table and stock feeder.

They bought moulder new, at a cost of 159k.
    Shut. Up. "hey, load this moulder and we'll give you a shaper and feeder to boot."

Did I mention: Shut. up.
    -Lud

Oh boy.

Good thing you don't have a basement shop...(just kidding).....VERY impressive!

That's a beastie. Auto loader on the front end?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    That's a beastie. Auto loader on the front end?

Auto load deck, all hydrolic feed, jointed heads, runs a tick over 150' min.

How do those jointed heads work exactly? Do you have to get a special profiled jointing stone made for each profile? I would love to see some pics of how that works if you have any. As a side note, I have a jointing stone for my planer, and it its a little scary cranking that thing down onto a spinning cutterhead!

Finally got around to finishing the wiring on the weinig and turned it on. I do need to order a rubber coupling for the feed pump motor, but everything is working as it should otherwise.
    https://youtu.be/BxyPkTjZvfA