Thread: 6" pipe to griz 2hp

6" pipe to griz 2hp

Hi - I have he 2ho grizzly D.C. And it has a 6" inlet. I bought it used from a cabinet shop and they didn't give me the y connector that splits to two connections. That's ok because I'm setting up a six inch main. However the crimped end of my main line doesn't fit over the inlet. Is there some kind of coupler I need to get or what? I believe my D.C. Is similair t he met and harbor freight models.

Thansk!

While not exactly apples-to-apples, to connect my 2HP Jet 6" inlet to 6" PVC I used a 6x6 flexible rubber coupler, a Fernco 1056-66 from Supply House to be exact. Works really well.

Maybe try a piece of un-crimped pipe, maybe it would fit over it. In any case since the airflow is in toward the fan, it would be preferable if the pipe went inside the inlet. Does it fit inside the inlet, but loosely? A few wraps of tape, or other material may tighten it up. The rubber Ferncos are used by many here to make those odd sized joints and work very well.

Also the rubber fernco provide a way for the sound not to transfer from the DC to the ductwork.
    War Eagle!

Thanks all - i'm going to try the fernco - that looks like it will work perfectly....

I have a 3hp grizz and had a similar issue. I heated the pvc with a heat gun and used the male connector on the grizz as a die to mould and expand the pvc until i could slip the pvc 2 to 3 inches onto the inlet.

MK