Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

30 Jan 2017

Good Morning Everyone,
    I took some time this weekend to work on another guitar build project that I've had sitting for a while now. My first build project was a replica of a Fender Stratocaster electric guitar and I really enjoy that guitar as it plays so much better than any I've ever bought. My current build is a replica of an older style Fender Telecaster. I'm also looking at a build project of an Octave Mandolin that will be slightly acoustic in nature but primarily electric. I'm working on things that I enjoy doing for now as I get time.

I've been learning how to cook in the past 2 weeks and the LOML is enjoying me learning how to cook. While I'm not the chef she is, I'm learning how to make simple meals that gives her a break in the kitchen and allows me to learn how to cook good food.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I'm really glad to see you cooking, Dennis...it's a very enjoyable endeavor for me and I'm glad I chose to take on that task for about 4 of the seven days in a week in our home. I've learned a lot in the process and continue to stick to my goal of 1) doesn't kill them, 2) tastes good and 3), if I'm really lucky, it also looks nice.

This weekend was a combination of work in the house and work in the shop. For the former, I completed (finally!) the remedial work putting back together the powder room ceiling and a small section of the kitchen ceiling that had to be open for my recent min-renovation of my daughter's bathroom upstairs. All paint work is now complete and everything is put back together. The Christmas tree is also down and stored away until the next holiday season...wow...there's a lot of "extra" space in our great room now. LOL

In the shop, I built up three picture frames. Two of them are to replace some metal frames on excellent art so that the pieces are more in line with the look of everything else hung on the walls. Those are constructed from poplar and will be painted black. The third is of cherry and will replace a cheap oak frame for an art piece hung in the aforementioned powder room so it will (finally) match the cherry mirror. All three are built and after final sanding, they will get finished next weekend. At that point, I have some beekeeping woodenware to fabricate since "spring is on the way". (I truly hope...winter is not my favorite season...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Wood is planed and jointed for a new workbench, temporary router table built as I no longer want it in the wing of the table saw, cabinet doors hung on a project I am working on, progress on a guitar fretboard, scroll saw tuned up and working perfectly, new extension table built for the Unisaw, VFD research for a 3 phase motor, looked at a few bandsaws both new and used....

Set down with my wife and put a set of woodworking goals on paper, that usually seems to help me get additional things done...

Cleaned the shop top to bottom.

Replaced some defective dust collection fittings I have been putting off.

Met Rich Riddle for lunch With Andrew Pitonyak and Andrews daughter Rebecca Saturday, both Andrew and Rich had some fantastic ideas for how I could accomplish some things.