Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodpecker's listened. It's back. Who wanted the delve square?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Is this going to be like the Festool sander where the rest of us get them months after ordering and Van has a stack immediately in his shop?

I find it interesting how people hate the "one time tool" label. I could see it if you were collecting them but they aren't Bridge City Tools. I think they originally intended them to be ONE TIME but people wanted more, I am actually glad they rerun the popular ones, my last DelVe square was "borrowed" so I am really happy to get a replacement. Many of their OTTs do some really interesting things, this one is a really neat layout/setup tool to keep in your vest or apron pocket.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post

I find it interesting how people hate the "one time tool" label. I could see it if you were collecting them but they aren't Bridge City Tools. I think they originally intended them to be ONE TIME but people wanted more, I am actually glad they rerun the popular ones, my last DelVe square was "borrowed" so I am really happy to get a replacement. Many of their OTTs do some really interesting things, this one is a really neat layout/setup tool to keep in your vest or apron pocket.
    Exactly, these are tools, not collectibles. If one of the "one time tools" turns out to be more useful and more in demand than originally expected, why shouldn't Woodpeckers produce more?

Probably just the "One Time" label that some people object to. Fact is, some people do collect tools and might be drawn to that aspect of it. Maybe they should sign and number them. 8-)

So... I went to the Woodworking show in NJ this weekend and spotted Delve Square at the Woodpecker booth. I decided to check in later cause it was too crowded around the table. Near the end of the day, I made my way back to Woodpecker and the square was gone. I asked one of the Woodpecker personnel about the square and he said it was stolen. That is pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Orbine View Post
    So... I went to the Woodworking show in NJ this weekend and spotted Delve Square at the Woodpecker booth. I decided to check in later cause it was too crowded around the table. Near the end of the day, I made my way back to Woodpecker and the square was gone. I asked one of the Woodpecker personnel about the square and he said it was stolen. That is pathetic!
    Wonder if it is the same person that pilfered mine... I still hope mine got swept into the trash or is lost somewhere since only people I "trust" have been in the shop and a burglar probably wouldn't have stopped at the DelVe square.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Blog Entries
    I tried to order one, but I couldn't wade through the stuff to get it on order. I will not try again.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I tried to order one, but I couldn't wade through the stuff to get it on order. I will not try again.
    In case you might reconsider, I ordered one through Highland Woodworking this morning without issues. I didn't realize it at the time, but Japan Woodworker is doing a free shipping over $30 event, and you can order the DelVE square through them too, possibly avoiding shipping cost under their promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Orbine View Post
    Something like that happened recently at a local tool store where Lie Nielsen was doing a demonstration. When the Lie Nielsen employee wasn't looking, apparently someone stole a plane. Hard to believe.

When Van Huskey speaks, I also listen. Got back from vacation and had this waiting by the door. Can't wait to put it into service.........it will be the first square that I need to read the instruction manual for.

IMG_0743.jpg

Woodpecker had a booth at AWFS this week and had a bunch of One Time tools they made on a special run, including dozens of Delve Squares. I snagged one....If you call Woodpecker direct they might still have some left.