Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brands from the Past you Liked

Blog Entries
    The only thing I would bring back from the past is my Grandfather. He was incredibly influential on me.

He could build or fix anything. He taught me skills but more importantly he taught me how to live my life. I miss him and his '49 Kaiser.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Playboy magazine. I heard they were going out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    On my list is a good mechanical clock. You can still get them. They are just not as common as they used to be.
    Steve
    I love clocks, especially 'real' clocks that need winding in one form or another. We have 2 coo-coo clocks, big Grandfather and Grandmother clocks, a few spring wound wall clocks, and one old Kundo anniversary clock, I can sit and watch the balls pendulum turn back & forth for hours

I also have one electric/mechanical clock, a great big Howard Miller, I was surprised it WAS a plug-in clock when I picked it up, I figured it would be battery powered-
    bigclock.jpg

One of my favorite movies, 'The Green Mile', always makes me cringe (just a bit) whenever I see that 1930's clock on the wall ticking in 1 second increments...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    lol we bought a used International Harvester refrigerator after we married 44 years ago.
    My wife's Dad has one which is still running - keeps his beer and pop cold.

Western Auto, Isuzu trucks/suvs (not that long ago).

Real Delta Power tools, for which you could get any part. No more thanks to B&D. It still amazes me how quickly they took the leading power tool company and trashed it. Shop Notes as separate magazine, along with American Woodworker from Rodale. Popular Woodworking, before they became Popular Hand Tools. Biggest thing I miss is going to salvage yards and scrounging for stuff for my projects. Steam train trips is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Real Delta Power tools...
    My drill press. Have no idea how old this thing is, I think my dad got it from Hill Field when he worked there right after the war.
    This thing is right up there with Bell Telephones in the indestructible catagory, hardly a day goes by that it doesn't get used...
    DSC05976.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Any car, motorcycle or small gas engine that uses points, condenser and carburetor. When they act up, I can fix them. Now, when my car acts up, only someone with a hi-tech degree in computer science can figure it out.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Oliver built some great tractors. They were the first with the over under transmission you could shift on the go.