Thread: Wanting info about Woodturning in Santa Cruz area

Wanting info about Woodturning in Santa Cruz area

I am visiting Santa Cruz. I am thinking of returning next winter for a long stay. I live in Evanston, IL and have a full woodturning studio there, and I really am missing it. I have been woodturning for 16 years. I am a member of the Chicago Woodturners Club and the AAW. I'd like to connect with some woodturners in this area to explore the possibility of sharing a shop and doing some woodturning during the rest of my stay and, more importantly, during my extended stay next year. Any and all thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated. You can call or text me at 847.208-0309, or email at teovaldi@northwestern.edu.
    Tom Eovaldi
    link to pics of some of my turnings:
    https://goo.gl/photos/WakdpmYsKhNqidpt6

Wow! I cannot help with the shop (1200 miles out of the way) but your turnings are terrific.

Phone called, email sent.

Maybe the Santa Cruz Woodturning Association can help. I'm not only a member, I'm the president. (I've always wanted to say that) LOL

PRESIDENT Dubia, I thank you very much for putting out word of my interest in doing some turning while in Santa Cruz. I had wonderful days turning with Jim Baker and with Sue Branston visiting their studios and seeing all the beautiful wood they have collected. I received invites from Linda Anderson and Earl Wynn but could not get to work with them because of the rains, road conditions, and my own scheduling issues. I look forward to returning in 2018 and meeting more of the members of the Santa Cruz Woodturning Association. Again, Larry, thanks so much for helping me get some turning time. Tom Eovaldi