Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brilliant solution, thanks Stewie

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Simpson View Post
    You might want to ease up on those type of statements Andrew. This cats already lost 8 out of his 9 lives.

Stewie;
    And I'll bet a couple of those curious cats lost their lives to some kind of sharpening stone right?
    Last edited by Andrew Pitonyak; 02-06-2017 at 11:14 PM.

I suppose the "smarter than the average bear" comment needs to be checked against "number of picnic baskets procured through stealth".
    Apologies to Andrew, I mistook the meaning within your comments. I was never a fan of watching Yogi Bear on tv. In Australia we don't have the type of bears you have in the USA.

regards Stewie;
    Last edited by Stewie Simpson; 02-06-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mueller View Post
    Ha - William and Glenn you are both right. I confess I am inflicted with some kind of phobia on drilling holes in my bench.
    Invest in a high-quality long 3/4 brad-point bit (mine is 9" IIRC) and that phobia will disappear :-)

Andrew; any information within my posts that are not based on my own experience, a link is provided to avoid being accused of plagiarism. That I find your comments of great concern is an understatement.

Stewie;
    You must not get Yogi Bear cartoons down under

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    You must not get Yogi Bear cartoons down under
    IIRC they don't have any bears period. Koalas (and their fictitious "drop"-ish cousins) are marsupials, and don't count.

Stewie, bears are famous for finding creative ways to steal food from humans, to the point where frustrated park rangers have theorized an intelligence overlap between the species. Andrew was making a joke that played off of that. It wasn't at your expense.
    Last edited by Patrick Chase; 02-06-2017 at 10:10 PM.

I know I shouldn't do this but that won't stop me.

It's not 'picknic' baskets.

It's 'pick-a-nic' baskets.

Sheesh.

Apologies to Andrew, I mistook the meaning within your comments. I was never a fan of watching Yogi Bear on tv. In Australia we don't have the type of bears you have in the USA.

regards Stewie;
    Oh Stewie, I am very sorry. My comments assumed that you were familiar with a popular cartoon here in the states where a bear spends all his time procuring picnic baskets with amusing antics. For certain no apologies required from you!

It saddens me that I caused you any distress at all.

My humblest apologies!

Andrew; I have replied to your pm.

regards Stewie;

This is all tongue in cheek right? Somebody please tell me we're not seriously apologizing over a cartoon from fifty years ago.
    This forum is confusing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    This is all tongue in cheek right? Somebody please tell me we're not seriously apologizing over a cartoon from fifty years ago.
    I made a statement that played off that cartoon. Stewie was not familiar with the cartoon and without that context, it was possible to interpret as a personal offense.

I have spent time working with internationals, so I have experienced many things that I assumed would be no offense, but in context of another is highly offensive; for example, showing the bottom of your feet or a "come here" motion that in a certain country is used to summon a prostitute.

OK. I should have just stayed out of it but last night at one in the morning I guess I was feeling preachy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    What Dave, you didn't know that Neanderthals were famous for their feathers? They tend to be ruffled rather easily.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Cooper Louisiana View Post
    What Dave, you didn't know that Neanderthals were famous for their feathers? They tend to be ruffled rather easily.
    Oh please, one need only say 'SawStop' on the other side of the fence.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Pitonyak View Post

I have spent time working with internationals, so I have experienced many things that I assumed would be no offense, but in context of another is highly offensive; for example, showing the bottom of your feet or a "come here" motion that in a certain country is used to summon a prostitute.
    Japan? Maybe Thailand?

Don't leave us hanging

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Japan? Maybe Thailand?

Don't leave us hanging
    The prostitute thing was Japan and the foot is the middle east.