Thread: HELP Buying a combined woodworking machine

HELP Buying a combined woodworking machine

Greetings everyone, I’m a new user here and I’m also new to professional woodworking. I have done small hobby projects before, but it was nothing serious. Now I want to turn professional and am in need of a combined machine, not too big in dimensions since my space is limited (5×7m).
    The machine I’m currently looking at is a Bulgarian made machine.
    http://stomana.net/machineeng/76/K5-32
    Their name for the western market is Nikmann.

The machine costs around 6000 euro or around $6500 which is just about my budget.
    What I want to know is if anyone knows anything about that company and/or machine and whether it is a good buy or not.

The machine is sold under different names:
    Stomana/Nikmann k5-32
    Holzmann k5 320vfp
    Weibert w7-32
    Holzprofi k5-32
    The only thing fairly similar I could find in the US market is:
    http://www.baileigh.com/combination-...achine-mf-3005

Although the European one looks more robust…
    So the question is whether it is a good buy or not?

Other machines I’m looking at are:
    Minimax lab 300 plus. Around 6500 euro or $7000
    Robland NX Pro around 7500 euro or $8000
    But those are above my budget.
    Every bit of help is much appreciated.
    Thank you very much.

Also, I live in Serbia (Europe) so machines that are for the US market are out of the question for me, since importing them would cost me a fortune

Felder has their Hammer combo on sale for an anniversary special.

For the area you live in, Minimax is the best long term choice. That is not saying anything bad about the one you mentioned. But Minimax is the most long lived brand in that part of Europe. The Lab300 is a good choice, the CU300 is a little better.

Jim, I'm afraid that the Hammer is out of my budget. The C3-31 Combo with a mortising unit and a 1600mm (i think) sliding table comes to around 9000 euro.
    John, I have heard bad things about the Lab 300 plus from more than a couple people and am sceptical about that machine. The CU 300 however I have heard is great, but it is also out of my budget. It is around 9000 euro I believe...
    Thank you both for the advice though

Milan ... Machinio might be a good source for late model used machines. I see a fair number of SCM/Minimax, Felder, Robland and other listed throughout southeastern Europe.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Have you considered buying a used combination machine? If you're careful and patient you can find one gently used for half the price of new.