Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Rayfine RF-9060 Laser machine

My Rayfine RF-9060 Laser machine

As a sequal to this thread > http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-few-questions

I ordered the RF-9060 Lasermachine somewhere mid december and it arrived a few days ago. The machine was very well packed and it came out of the wooden box without any (transport) damage. so far I just unpacked it and I still have to find a way to actually get it on the floor! The machine is heavy and unfortunately I don't own a fork-lift truck which would have made it easy. My only 'tool' is the handlorry. But I guess a bit of brain- and mussle power will do the job. Here are some pictures:

Blog Entries
    I know it is a tight location, but take a couple of pieces of the crate, Raise the four corner feet up a bit to clear everything and use the plywood as a ramp. It rolls very easy, if you have one other person it will help. The reason I say a couple of pieces is that the plywood is very thick and will most probably go thru one sheet. two should be fine.
    You can cut a 2x4 into a wedge to angle sheets up, putting under where wheels are, but not really necessary. A little drop won't hurt it! Mine was tossed around by the truckers badly. And 3 inches won't hurt. BTW, Nice color! Have fun with the blue ducting!
    Would you give us a picture of the two front doors open? I'm curious as to your bed, (if my 1390 is made the same)
    Have FUN! John
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    I know it is a tight location, but take a couple of pieces of the crate, Raise the four corner feet up a bit to clear everything and use the plywood as a ramp. It rolls very easy, if you have one other person it will help. The reason I say a couple of pieces is that the plywood is very thick and will most probably go thru one sheet. two should be fine.
    You can cut a 2x4 into a wedge to angle sheets up, putting under where wheels are, but not really necessary. A little drop won't hurt it! Mine was tossed around by the truckers badly. And 3 inches won't hurt. BTW, Nice color! Have fun with the blue ducting!
    Would you give us a picture of the two front doors open? I'm curious as to your bed, (if my 1390 is made the same)
    Have FUN! John
    This is exactly what I did as well. Piece of wood on the floor in front, slowly raise the back until you feel it will roll forward, then raise the legs on the front side and use the casters to gently roll it right on down the "ramp" and wood to the floor. An extra pair of hands will help tremendously.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

John, Keith, thanks for your ideas, they sound like a good option. However, this morning I got a brainwave which ended in a plan where I would not need any extra hands, just brains and a few small woodblocks, some stones and my handlorry. I executed the plan right away, took about half an hour and it went great, I pulled the machine from the plywood in a few steps, with the two front wheels also moving the machine, very carefully. >>

John, I will make the photo for you tomorrow.

Next thing to do is to make a round opening in the ceiling for the air exhaust because the centrifugal exhaust fan will be on the attic and from there an opening with a 'roofpipe' (don't know the exact English word) through the roof. I like things to look a bit nice, so I probably will make a wooden encasing around the blue ducting, or get a better looking 'industrial' airchannel system.

Fortunately I don't have to mind the neighbours, I live on the countryside with no direct neighbours.
    Last edited by Erik Goetheer; 02-10-2017 at 6:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Roof vent :-) don't forget a cap to keep out the rain or run it horizontally through the end wall. I'd put a piece of wire screen on top to keep out birds. Oh, the blue duct won't reach far unless you ordered extra length.... The aluminum flex pipe is REALLY thin, it works but i wouldn't use it where I couldnt see it. I bought a length of heavy-duty flex aluminum hose that was still pretty inexpensive but probably 4 times as thick as the chinese.good job on takeing it off pallet,
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Roof vent.

yes, I already noticed that the aluminium pipe is more or less useless and I will get another solution.

Blog Entries
    I actually have been surprised that it has held up for over 2 months. I expected a week. Where you can get to it in short pieces would work.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Hi Erik .... Wow good looking machine !!! ... I'm jealous ! .... you certainly made a wise choice for your machine.

Take Care

Brian

I'm using a crapload of that 'useless' vent tubing--
    vent.jpg

The vent running up the wall from the LS900 is the same one I put on the machine when I got it in 2004. It used to make a right turn and went out a window, but when I sold my ULS to my BIL I re-routed it to the other blower. The tubing below the black Y pipe going to the fiber and out the door is 2 years older than the LS900 tubing. I DO like the stiffer tubing, but what I don't like about it is once you goof up and bend the crap out of it, it's done...
    The overhead tubing is 11 years old, runs over 50' to the big blower outside in the shed, this tube is actually on the suction side, I'm tapped into it all across the basement to provide cutting-chips vacuum to the 8 tool machines in the basement.

Theres a bunch more outside from the blower, up the stairwell and exits to ground level. The pipe casing that's been in the sun for 14-1/2 years is getting a bit thin from the exposure, so I CAN poke my finger thru it. All the other pipe requires a knife

Not for everyone, but I've not found it a bit useless!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Kev, I don't think that is the same low class stuff that came with my machine! I bought an 8' section of 6" in essence dryer vent hose that is way stronger and looks like what you have hanging. The cheap stuff curls back on itself and is close to paper thin. It wouldn't hang like yours without closing in on itself. And new I CAN put my finger thru it! Not the better stuff (and I won't say US as I don't know where it was made) But I didn't throw it away, Just used a third of it outside to the blower and when it tears, I'll replace it with more of the same......
    I'm as cheap as anyone, just ask my wife.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

In the pipe pic is all Home Depot 4" dryer vent. Kinda hard to see but the hanging piece to the fiber is the rigid/flex pipe. The only Chinese stuff I have is the 6" piping that came with, and is connected to the Triumph. And yeah, it's a bit cheesy compared to all my other vent pipe, there's a few spots the inner spring has poked thru that I've had to duct tape...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Brian. Yes, I'm very happy with it. I love the color scheme also, as if that is so important!

This week I wil get the airvent ready, I'm thinking of getting a silent tube ventilator with adjustable speed. And a better quality semi-flexible pipe, like this: https://www.ventilatieshop.com/flexi...exibele-slang/

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Would you give us a picture of the two front doors open? I'm curious as to your bed, (if my 1390 is made the same) .....
    Special delivery for John >>

Last edited by Erik Goetheer; 02-13-2017 at 4:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Eric, very similar setup. Was just curious. Slang eh? good quality semi rigid flex pipe here. Dutch single word is much shorter description.
    So you didn't buy the chinese blower? If you are putting out through the roof, probably easier to buy local and inline works as well or better. Definitely will be easier than me changing out the wiring on mine. Darn tight box and SHORT wires from motor into the box.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Yes, I bought the Chinese blower, never thought of the possibility to go for another solution. I started the blower today to check how well it works and it works quite well but it makes a pretty loud noise. That's why I was thinking of an inline blower. On the other hand, I was actually planning to put the blower on the attic, connected to the laser with a 3m-4m long powercable. That will reduce the noise in the work area.

Hm, I have to sleep over it another night.

Blog Entries
    Morning Eric,

For what it is worth, I also have the Chinese Blower and it certainly is noisy. I got a few complaints from Boeing Field, where they make many of their jets, and they were complaining about the sound. But they are a pretty namby pamby lot if you ask me. (grin)

Seriously though.....in my case I initially started thinking of putting it outside the house in a vented box I would make so I didnt have that puppy in the garage with me. That would also make all the hoses inside the garage negative pressure and help eliminate air leaks into the garage. Then it dawned on me I could put it in the crawlspace that exists under the house and butts up agains one garage wall! Perfect. That space stays around 55 year round and the fan wasn't audible from inside the house, and barely audible from in the garage. My hoses in the garage, and in most of the crawl space are all negative pressure with only a very short 2 foot length that is positive pressure where it runs from the blower to the vent going outside. The vent is screened against insects and critters. And all the lengths and bends combined are not affecting its ability to move tons of air through the laser. Hope that helps. One thing I did though that might seem excessive was to put a wireless camera in the crawl space so I could see the blower at any time. I also put a smoke alarm down there as a safety juuuuuuuuuuuust in case.

Good luck.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.