Thread: Dovetail Jig

Dovetail Jig

hey guys, have a porter cable 24" dovetail jig ( the red one ) and very happy with it.. looking for a smaller one and was going to go with the porter cable 12" any feedback on it ?

thanks,

Joe

I have the 16 which is the 121 with added templates. I am happy with it. I have used it twice.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Joseph

I have the 4216. I have used it many times and I am satisfied with it. It is easy to set up and is accurate. The only downside is that the spacing is not variable. I recommend that you get the kit. At least, get the box joint template'

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hepler View Post
    Joseph

I have the 4216. I have used it many times and I am satisfied with it. It is easy to set up and is accurate. The only downside is that the spacing is not variable. I recommend that you get the kit. At least, get the box joint template'

Doug
    +1

i use mine for making drawers exclusively. If you are ok with making the same joints with consistent spacing it's a good jig.

thanks guys ! i ended up picking up the 4216 AND a used 16" omnijig. Figure i can set them up for different jobs!