Thread: Biscuit help

Biscuit help

I have had a Ryobi biscuit joiner for many years and don't use it a lot but now have used almost all the biscuits on hand. They seem to be an odd size and I can't seem to find any locally or on line. The can they came in says "R3" biscuits. They measure 1" X 1/2" X .100". I have no idea where they came from or even if they came with the biscuit joiner when I bought it. Anyone have a source? Thanks, Jim.

Hello James. I was in the same situation a few months ago. I found some on eBay. I don't think they'd let me post the link, but if you search for "wolfcraft r3 biscuits" you should find them.

Sears website has them as well as here
    http://www.wood-dowel.com/store/1077...-biscuits.html

If all else fails... look at the joiner setting - it may be a #10 - 15 - 20 setting and buy your biscuits by the # not the measurements. One thing you need to know about biscuit joiners is that the biscuits are made of pressed particle board and when you apply the glue, the biscuits absorb the glue's moister and expand in their sizes. Get a close match and it will probably be OK

Biscuits are usually made of solid wood.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Blog Entries
    Never seen particle board biscuits. The ones I've seen are hardwood (beech) with the grain running diagolal & they are compressed.

Either you have a full size biscuit joiner that uses 0,10,20,FF or the detail joiner made by Ryobi. Sears had a clone also. The model number for the Ryobi was DBJ50. It uses R1, R2, and R3 biscuits

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Either you have a full size biscuit joiner that uses 0,10,20,FF or the detail joiner made by Ryobi. Sears had a clone also. The model number for the Ryobi was DBJ50. It uses R1, R2, and R3 biscuits
    Yes that is the Ryobi I have and thanks to all I found them at Sears. Jim.