Thread: New Revo 2436 is on website

New Revo 2436 is on website

The new Laguna lathe is up on the website with pricing but not too much info. I was hoping to see a remote switch (So I could use the wiring diagram to make one for my 1836.) but there doesn't seem to be one.

Neal

I have seen the 2436 in person and it had a remote that was attached on the tailstock end of the lathe. It also has two 110 volt outlets under the inverter box on the back. Pretty neat! Probably would have been better had the remote been magnetic and moveable, but that should be an easy conversion.

Left click my name for homepage link.

I have contacted Laguna inquiring as to whether this accessory is available and whether a wiring schematic is available. When I hear back I will post.

4. Does the Revo 2436 have a steel bed like the Revo 1836?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

John I did ask the tech I talked to and he said they do not and someone had told him they were not designed for a remote switch. That didn't make any sense to me. There is a wiring schematic in the manual but I am not going to do anything with it until I am out of warranty. Do let me know if you get a better answer.

Roger I believe the bed is steel the whole lathe looks like a slightly bigger 1836.
    Last edited by Neal DaMommio; 02-14-2017 at 10:39 AM.

The 2436 that was in Laguna's showroom a year + ago had a cast iron bed.

There was also mention of riser blocks being available for the 1836 headstock and tailstock. Don't know if that ever happened.

Joe that was likely the older version the newer version hasn't been on the website for more than a week or two. I did check and the bed is a steel bed.

Neal, I see what you mean, no info and the bed looks like steel in the picture. Tried to download the manual and I got the 1836 manual.

The riser blocks are available for the 1836 I saw them at the local Klingspors.

I did hear back from Laguna customer service and the outlets for the 24x36 are not compatible with the the 18/36. I would assume this includes the remote power switch as it appears to be all part of a unified add-on.

Were the Laguna Riser blocks for raising the lathe higher off the floor or for raising the headstock and tailstock?
    I believe they have had the floor risers for a while now.
    Last edited by Joe Frank Porter; 02-18-2017 at 9:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Frank Porter View Post
    Were the Laguna Riser blocks for raising the lathe higher off the floor or for raising the headstock and tailstock?
    I believe they have had the floor risers for a while now.
    The blocks raise the legs 3" off the floor. There is a bed extension that can be mounted low on the end, giving a 32" swing capacity off the end of the lathe. It comes with a riser for the tailstock and an extension for the toolrest.

Here is what I remember regarding the1836 riser blocks.
    Laguna Tools has hosted our clubs all day professional turning demo's at their facility for several years. Prior to Laguna's move to the new location, the demo area was in the warehouse portion of the building. There had been some info released regarding the new Revo series of lathes and at one demo we saw 4 or 5 crates of 1836's, probably the first shipment. I asked if one was open that we could see - no. I'm sure there were lots of questions from other people. After one of the breaks there was a few pages of info from the manufacturer on top one of the crates. It described that lathe as all cast iron, and crude pictures or sketches of options, such as blocks to raise the lathe about 2" and 4", and riser blocks for under the headstock and tailstock to make the lathe a 2236 or so.